• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixie Gun Works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i was there 2 weeks ago in person, they were still having huge issues of out of stock products and no idea when the product was coming in. And they are a prime leader in the industry to get the product first. They also have the same problem of folks treating them very poorly on the phone. Rude and disrespectful. Maybe the customer is always right, but remember the customer on hold wants the same item you are asking for most likely. Treat them with respect and courtesy. They are selling the products they have and there is a waitlist. Rude, go to the bottom of the list.

When i was there 2 weeks ago in person, they were still having huge issues of out of stock products and no idea when the product was coming in. And they are a prime leader in the industry to get the product first. They also have the same problem of folks treating them very poorly on the phone. Rude and disrespectful. Maybe the customer is always right, but remember the customer on hold wants the same item you are asking for most likely. Treat them with respect and courtesy. They are selling the products they have and there is a waitlist. Rude, go to the bottom of the list.
Good ole common courtesy can go a long way.

RM

Wish I was closer to Dixie; would love to visit; maybe someday! They have a great reputation and are solid underpinning of the BP hobby.

I ordered an Umberti Walker on Friday and just received shipping info. That’s fast in my book.
Mitch
Lady mentioned the walker and a phone conversation when someone called for one. What? You got one? How? No one has one, how did you get em? The customer asked. The lady in sales on the phone replied, we get em because i order them 100 at a time. Not one at a time.

Same good customer service we enjoyed when Turner was behind the counter. Once a year, four of us made a 6-hour trip to DGW, might've had $200 between us. Mr. Kirkland treated us like we were Texas oilmen and waited on us himself. Autographed a catalog for me one time. Still wish I'd bought that cannon barrel ..oh well.

I used to go there back in the late 60's when I was living in western Ky. It was a candy store for me. Is the big brass cannon still at the front door?

I’ve placed a couple of small orders with them lately, and got the stuff - stupifyingly quickly!

Good people, I buy from them when I can. I got a trigger guard that had air holes when I knocked off the crust. Sent a replacement no charge. SAME thing on the replacement. The guy in the shop then knocked off the crust there to make sure okay and sent that no charge. They earned a dedicated customer. Good folks.
One other thing- they have items no one else has. If you like making combustible cartridges, they have the conicals with the rebated bottom and molds to cast your own. I therefore buy from them unless they just don't have what I'm looking for.

Just an update on Dixie - I placed an order on Tuesday and got an email that it shipped today. I think that's pretty good; I'm happy. I selected UPS for the carrier so I should have it soon. But whenever it arrives, Dixie did their part in a timely manner.

I visited with the Dixie Gun Works folks at Friendship and they told me they had finally gotten a handle on the shipping issues. They had been hit with some problems with the covid scare and also had seen a large upsurge in business during the same time. They've been working diligently to recover and it sure looks like they have. Over many years, I've been a customer there and I've always gotten good quality product and good dependable service from them. It's been a great place to source just about anything muzzle loading related.

I have ordered and received two cap and ball revovers from DGW, one Uberti 3rd model dragoon and one Pieta Remington with the larger frame for my bigger hands. The dragoon was ordered about 4 years ago and the Remington about 9 months ago during the pandemic. I received them in good time considering the distance, I live in southern CA. I was very pleased with the prompt service, and for those who are curious, thus far, you can still have muzzleloading firearms shipped to your door in california.

Back