• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixie Gun Works

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i was there 2 weeks ago in person, they were still having huge issues of out of stock products and no idea when the product was coming in. And they are a prime leader in the industry to get the product first. They also have the same problem of folks treating them very poorly on the phone. Rude and disrespectful. Maybe the customer is always right, but remember the customer on hold wants the same item you are asking for most likely. Treat them with respect and courtesy. They are selling the products they have and there is a waitlist. Rude, go to the bottom of the list.
Both coasts are backed up with thousands of container ships and docks flooded with thousands of containers full of import goods just waiting disbursing. Then the trucks and drivers are in short supply, too. Someone's import musket or parts are stuck in the log-jam.

Same good customer service we enjoyed when Turner was behind the counter. Once a year, four of us made a 6-hour trip to DGW, might've had $200 between us. Mr. Kirkland treated us like we were Texas oilmen and waited on us himself. Autographed a catalog for me one time. Still wish I'd bought that cannon barrel ..oh well.
They do have a great reputation due to Turner and the whole gang.

I have ordered and received two cap and ball revovers from DGW, one Uberti 3rd model dragoon and one Pieta Remington with the larger frame for my bigger hands. The dragoon was ordered about 4 years ago and the Remington about 9 months ago during the pandemic. I received them in good time considering the distance, I live in southern CA. I was very pleased with the prompt service, and for those who are curious, thus far, you can still have muzzleloading firearms shipped to your door in california.
That last part of your post is surprising for Cal.
Apparently your state Attorney General and Governor aren’t aware of that tidbit.
I have a feeling it will come up on their radar screens sooner rather than later.

Just ordered a Lee round ball mould from them. They were the only ones I could find that had a .495 mould. Supposed to be here tomorrow. I havent ordered alot of items from them but what I have they have done great.

I have ordered several times from DGW since the early 90s. They have always got`n it right.!
I would not hesitate to give them my highest recommendations...! Been a customer from the other side of the Atlantic and way North, it should be a testimony to a great company.

I ordered a Pedersoli screw barrel pistol kit on 11/15/21 and they sent the UPS# today 11/17/21. I have ordered from DGW for a long time and never had an issue.

I have ordered and received two cap and ball revovers from DGW, one Uberti 3rd model dragoon and one Pieta Remington with the larger frame for my bigger hands. The dragoon was ordered about 4 years ago and the Remington about 9 months ago during the pandemic. I received them in good time considering the distance, I live in southern CA. I was very pleased with the prompt service, and for those who are curious, thus far, you can still have muzzleloading firearms shipped to your door in california.
Wow! My daddy said S. California was so prejudiced against some people that they didn't even allow color TV's!

Back