• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Dixie Gun Works TN Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking for a Dixie Gun Works Tennessee Mountain Rifle, flintlock and .50 caliber 40" barrel. I have heard the Miroku made rifles marked "Japan" are best quality and have and abundance of parts compared to the earlier Belgian models so I'm looking for a "Japan" marked Miroku made rifle preferrably over the Belgian made ones. Also I prefee the Cherry stocked Miroku rifles over the others but Miroku made is good. I believe all rifles made 1976 onwards are Miroku (got all this info from previous posts here on the forum, my apologies If I am wrong). Thank you all who reply. Also if you have a rifle similar to the DGW TN Mtn Rifle (38"-42" bbl in .50 cal) feel free to send info but I am mainly looking for a DGW rifle. Thanks once again everyone.

Last edited:
I have one I would part with although you didn’t state flint or percussion. The Dixie “Tennessee” Mountain Rifle started production in 78 and production models were only made in Japan. Dixie did have other rifles produced at the same time made in Belgium that are all to often confused with the TMR. I’ll send a PM with images later..,

I have one I would part with although you didn’t state flint or percussion. The Dixie “Tennessee” Mountain Rifle started production in 78 and production models were only made in Japan. Dixie did have other rifles produced at the same time made in Belgium that are all to often confused with the TMR. I’ll send a PM with images later..,
I actually stated flintlock and .50 caliber in the first sentence of the post. Flintlock is what I am looking for I dont want a percussion rifle as I want to start with a flint (risky decision but why not right ). If you have a flintlock rifle please feel free to send me the images. If you have a percussion rifle I am not really interested but I thank you for taking time to read my post.

I actually stated flintlock and .50 caliber in the first sentence of the post. Flintlock is what I am looking for I dont want a percussion rifle as I want to start with a flint (risky decision but why not right ). If you have a flintlock rifle please feel free to send me the images. If you have a percussion rifle I am not really interested but I thank you for taking time to read my post.

The Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle is convertible from percussion to flint by changing the percussion lock & drum for a touch-hole liner and flint lock.

Sorry I missed that mine is a flintlock.

The Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle is convertible from percussion to flint by changing the percussion lock & drum for a touch-hole liner and flint lock.
Yep Bubba, I have a .32 cal. thats been changed to flint. As to the buyer do not let the percussion thingy scare you. Its pretty much a drop in project also you have the best of both worlds.

I actually stated flintlock and .50 caliber in the first sentence of the post. Flintlock is what I am looking for I dont want a percussion rifle as I want to start with a flint (risky decision but why not right ). If you have a flintlock rifle please feel free to send me the images. If you have a percussion rifle I am not really interested but I thank you for taking time to read my post

Had a percussion back in the early days. Converted it to flintlock from parts from Dixie Gunworks. Not that expensive and worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back