• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dixie Gun Works Inc.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dixie Gun Works is a good company and they offer tons of stuff that no one else does.
I've always had good results with anything I've ever ordered from them.
If I was going to come up with anything negative to say about them it is, their prices are always high. I think this is the reason Track of the Wolf has been so successful. TOTW's prices are usually lower.

In the late 60's I had a job working out of Mayfield Ky and I had to travel down into Tn frequently to the small towns and villages. I used to hit Union City too and went into the Dixie Gun Works place frequently. I always loved the big brass cannon pointing out the door when I entered. I guess I bought stuff but I can't remember what, but I remember the cannon. Sadly moved away from there in 70.

I agree with all the folks who said the DGW catalog was worth having. Don't know why anybody would order from that awful website, tho. Electronic savvy isn't DGW's strong point. Turner Kirkland was one of the pioneers of our sport and he contributed a big chunk of the knowledge and the gear that got us where we are today. My own first DGW catalog was less than 1/2-inch thick and half of that was loading data and other information that Turner had put together and thought everybody should have. I believe it was dated 1968 or thereabouts. My favorite item in that catalog was a tomahawk, which was billed as being exactly like one Turner had, which had had 3 new heads and 4 new handles and was still good as new.
On one occasion, I was looking for a replacement mainspring for an original 1868 Sharps Carbine. I called DGW and they sent one from their stock of original parts.
Another time, a friend of mine was researching flint knapping for a graduate school course. DGW had several books and two videos on the subject, and when i explained why I wanted the information, they sent one of everything they had on the subject with a note saying my friend should look them over, keep what was wanted and send them a check, but return the rest at no charge. Boys and girls, customer service like that is scarce on the ground these days and should be cherished! BTW: My friend kept one video and one of Waldorf's books, sent the rest back with thanks and got an A+ in the course.

Back