• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Distant Drums Leather

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtErv

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has dealt with the above. They have some good looking deerskins, but the price makes me a bit leery at less than $50 for a full sized hide.

Can't speak to the above vendor, but depending on the size of the hide, the price seems normal to slightly high...

Because deerskins come from hunters, I like to hand inspect the hides....If I'm making something like clothing, having a bullet hole, knife cut or blemish in the wrong spot on a pattern can be frustrating...

SgtErv said:
Wondering if anyone has dealt with the above. They have some good looking deerskins, but the price makes me a bit leery at less than $50 for a full sized hide.

is it a split or grain on hide? I have dealt with them a lot and that is where I buy all if my leather. top notch people!! great products and customer service and fast shipping. you are also buying from a picture of that hide and any imperfections will show up, you get what you see! again, great place to deal with!

Not sure if it's a split or not. I'm actually waiting on an email back from them answering a couple of questions. I hope it works out because I seem to go through moccasins like crazy haha

SgtErv said:
Not sure if it's a split or not. I'm actually waiting on an email back from them answering a couple of questions. I hope it works out because I seem to go through moccasins like crazy haha

if you are looking on their website or items on ebay, they always have a very good picture and excellent description of the piece being offered.

they offer veg tan in cattle, sheep, buffalo ect. all are listed.

Got the hides the other day. I'd say it's a pretty darn good deal. I got the "distressed" hides (referring to color).

Quality is pretty good: unfortunate they're stamped right in the middle. Were I to have ordered for leggings I'd have specified what I needed - they offered to do so. They'll do for mocassins!

Back