• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dispute with Muzzle-Loaders.com

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vezePilot

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Should I call my credit card company and reverse the charge for a rifle ordered from Muzzle-Loaders.com?

They were in stock when I ordered a Kentucky on September 8th. That one was lost (stolen) by UPS, and a claim was immediately filed with UPS, before I could file a claim -- Presumably by the Seller.

I emailed them promptly and said I wanted to cancel the order, and be refunded the price, but Company policy doesn't allow that. Two weeks later I asked for an update, and they finally started a customer "Ticket" for my issue, acting as if it was first they heard of it. I said to simply send a replacement rifle, and perhaps Overnight it, cuz I want it this week.

Nope, can't do that ... none in stock. So they cannot ship the rifle, and they will not refund the price. Should I continue to cut them some slack, because they are a small company having difficulty due to the China virus?

Should I call my credit card company and reverse the charge for a rifle ordered from Muzzle-Loaders.com?

They were in stock when I ordered a Kentucky on September 8th. That one was lost (stolen) by UPS, and a claim was immediately filed with UPS, before I could file a claim -- Presumably by the Seller.

I emailed them promptly and said I wanted to cancel the order, and be refunded the price, but Company policy doesn't allow that. Two weeks later I asked for an update, and they finally started a customer "Ticket" for my issue, acting as if it was first they heard of it. I said to simply send a replacement rifle, and perhaps Overnight it, cuz I want it this week.

Nope, can't do that ... none in stock. So they cannot ship the rifle, and they will not refund the price. Should I continue to cut them some slack, because they are a small company having difficulty due to the China virus?
Go get 'em

Is this day and age where news travels as quickly as it does; especially bad news, I cannot imagine why a company would risk bad press in an instance like this. You don’t get what you want. A company loses a sale. Then the company gets bad press and loses potential future sales in a niche market. At best.... Hate it all around. This could have been a thread on how quickly a company responded getting you your money back until or if they could replace what you ordered, generating positive press and potential future customers and sales.....

Is this day and age where news travels as quickly as it does; especially bad news, I cannot imagine why a company would risk bad press in an instance like this. You don’t get what you want. A company loses a sale. Then the company gets bad press and loses potential future sales in a niche market. At best.... Hate it all around. This could have been a thread on how quickly a company responded getting you your money back until or if they could replace what you ordered, generating positive press and potential future customers and sales.....

Exactly. And on the other side of that, treating a customer that way means they are taking a calculated gamble that they can get away with doing something in their own short term interest, regardless if it hurts a customer, with no ill effect on their business. If a company does that they are already past the point of needing a public spanking. Maybe that’s a bit strong but a company will only ever do that to me once, or never, if I hear about it happening to someone else....

What are their terms on their website? It's not a refund if they haven't actually provided a product, so they really don't have standing on "no refunds."

I have used Log Cabin Shop's website twice to order. Twice I have found out afterwards an item was not in stock despite their website saying it was. I doubt I'll ever bother with them again.

Companies need to be accurate in their info, and fair with the customer. If they cannot complete a transaction as advertised, they shouldn't be in business.

From Muzzle-Loaders.com: Our policy as an organization is to successfully deliver on all orders, regardless of the chosen shipment method.

Is it possible they are treating this as a ‘delay’ by UPS and not calling the package ‘stolen’ yet? Even though they almost immediately made a claim with UPS, likely based on tracking information.

From their website: **Muzzle-Loaders.com will not be held liable for packages that do not arrive on time. However, if the delay in shipment as a result of an oversight on our part, we will refund any additional shipping charges. If UPS, USPS, or FedEx is solely responsible for a delayed shipment, the customer can reach out to the service directly for compensation, if possible.

They also say they give refunds with the exceptions of special orders. Guess you can’t get that until the lost package is delivered and the returned. No matter policy, this could have handled much better.

Yep. Call credit card company and tell them you have not received your item, they won’t refund you, and they’re giving you the run around. As big momma once said, “....ain’t nobody got time for that.”
Ditto Bob. With that kind of lack of service they won't be around long. Happened to me with local Gander Mtn. going bankrupt. Never did get my money back. Lousy outfit.

Calling the credit card people is worth a try. My credit card returned $1400 to me when the Dale Jarret Racing Adventure went under. Trying to break into the 57sec. lap times( already had a 58.04) I had pre-bought(they offered a Xmas special) a 40 lap drive at Talladega for March. Then they folded before March.. Credit card folks looked into to it and gave me a credit. I don't know if they ever got their money from the Jarret folks.

Yep they should refund. Bordering on mail fraud..
Yes, they should. But refusing a refund under the circumstances mentioned indicates their business simply cannot afford to send the money. A business that is on the edge of folding up gets good at making excuses. And, 'policy' does not define right and wrong. OTOH, it should have been insured when shipped.

The OP has not been back in almost 2 weeks, wonder what happened. He did not have many posts here.

Back