• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Disney: Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched and loved all the Fess Parker Davy Crockett and Danl Boone stuff when a kid, but living way out West in the fifties and sixties I was more of a Roy Rogers cowboy kid. I identified with Nelly Bell most. Must be why I have three CJ5 Jeeps.

just look what DAVY CROCKETT & DAN'L BOON lunch boxes are going for on E-BAY, WHEW!! mega bucks.

I was born as the Davy Crockett frenzy was taking off. I did watch the re-runs on Disney a few years later and I was hooked! Then Daniel Boone came along and I was in heaven. I still have my Daniel Boone club card somewhere here in the house. These shows started my love of muzzleloaders.

Another item I have here, location unknown at the moment, is a Daniel Boone comic book with a picture of Fess Parker holding a faux flintlock pistol. It is actually a cutdown trapdoor with a fake flint hammer and frizzen added to it.

One of the true TV hero's from my childhood, right next to Clanton Moore . Doe's any body know where this riffle is Fess is holding, I would love to see it , Wild carvings all along the forearm , I have seen this gun in other publicity photo's held by Fess . I know there is one of his rifles at the Alamo museum presented by the NRA maybe..... But I do believe it is a different rifle. Any comments ?

I tried to post a link to a story in an earlier post on where and how "Betsy", the rifle used during the filming of the TV show "Davy Crockett. King of the Wild Frontier" was rediscovered. The rifle was bought at an auction of movie guns in January of 2000 by a collector. It was later signed by Fess Parker.

Link to the story here: Davy Crockett’s “Ol’ Betsy” Found - True West Magazine

Nick Cravet (Busted Luck a Comanche tribesman), Fess Parker (Crockett), Buddy Ebson (Georgie Russel).

View attachment 63488

Cravet (5' 4") teamed up with Burt Lancaster (6' 1") for 8 years in a circus acrobatic act before Lancaster became a Hollywood super star.

View attachment 63489

Cravet was also the little Gremlin in the William Shatner Twilight Zone feature Nightmare at 20,000 feet.

View attachment 63492
That’s not Busted Luck in top pic, that’s "Charlie Two Shirts" a Cherokee tribesman played by Jeff Thompson.

On the way to Nashville on vacation back in 1990, I took my son, a huge Davy Crockett fan to Davy Crockett's birth place park, IIRC outside of Johnson City TN. He was so upset that the cabin was not on a mountain top, but down next to a small river in a valley. I live close (30 miles) from Daniel Boones birth place, but the place is never open when I am near by.

I have an old coonskin cap bought from Dixie Gun Works years ago (a real one). So then I bought a Kentucky Rifle (Italian copy).

Walt decided to make a TV series adapted from a novel about a young man who had inherited Daniel Boone's rifle. Was called Saga of Andy Burnett.
One of the older stars was Slim Pickens. I don't see this series on Disney Channel but I bought (expensive) downloads of the series online. Pickens had no horse, only a mule that kicked up a fuss when mounted. The group went off to the Black Hills to trap beaver (Blackfeet and Crow country). In the show only one of these tribes was unfriendly.
The books it was based on was first of a 3 part book series where Andy wound up homesteading in California. I think was written about 1910. The Disney series followed the book pretty close. The book was called (I think) The Kentucky Rifle.

Last edited:
Daniel Boone Show.
Roosevelt Greer (preacher/defensive linesman Rams), Jimmy Dean (singer/ tv show/ sausage), a tall Fess Parker.
e181901393e3ae53d99751d6442c7195.jpg

Back