• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Disappointing fall

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel Hayes

Collector of cheap antiquities
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Back in August, I purchased my Michigan fall Turkey tag (as I’ve done for the past 5 years) and couldn’t wait for the weather to do the autumn turn.
Every weekend since since the end of September I’ve been out in the woods before the sun peeks up, trekking around looking for different signs and then just sitting in cover waiting.
Come tomorrow(the last day of the season) and I haven’t seen a single Turkey.
A disappointing season for sure, so I’ll have to settle for a store bought frozen Turkey this year.
Hope everyone’s had better luck than I’ve had.

I Know the feeling... This was the last weekend of muzzleloader season here in TN... And from bow season till now I have seen 1 deer it was about 120 yards away and I could just catch glimpses of it walking through the woods.... It is definitely discouraging and next week rifle sees it comes in so it's just going to get harder.... But we'll stay after and see what happens

Back