• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dirty 'em all! ends May 31st 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No rear sights above the plane of the barrel allowed on the smoothbore. Just like NMLRA rules and most of the rondys I go to.

:hmm: I guess I shoulda added a class for smooth rifle...

I tell you what, I'm going to go back and edit my original post to include a smooth rifle class so we can truly dirty 'em ALL. That class will NOT count toward the aggregate tho. Just a little extra something for you guys with sights on your smoothbores.

Dang Jethro that is four guns I will have to clean!
I need to brake out the smooth rifle also. No problem at all.

grzrob said:
Dang Jethro that is four guns I will have to clean!
I need to brake out the smooth rifle also. No problem at all.

You don't have to shoot all 4 guns. You will still be in for the aggregate, and the prize, with only the rifle, pistol, and 2 regular smoothbore targets.
The smooth rifle is just a bonus. :)

That should be interesting to see the difference between the sighted and non sighted smoothbores of those that shoot both. Deadeye

Finally, we got a nice weekend. Warm, dead calm, finished up the rifle and pistol. Now got a whole month left to shoot my smooth rifle, my favorite gun, maybe tomorrow. Deadeye

Well I am out of this one already. Three weeks ago I did the smoothbore with no problem. Today I was going to knock out the rifle. I wanted to shoot both of my longrifles my big .54 and my 39 caliber squirrel gun. I decided to shoot the contest with my .54. My first shot was dead center so I had a good start. On my second shot the nut behind the butt plate came loose and this shot went to the right and was half way in the card. So with no mulligans I am out of it. With the contest done I put up another index card to shoot with my squirrel gun just for grins. My first shot was in the lower right corner, My second shot was on the top left corner...with 1/3 of the ball out side the card. To test the rifle I shot at a bottle cap on the back stop at 50 yards. I hit it with the squirrel gun. This means my "I Hate To Shoot Paper" mental block is back. I have to work on this before Friendship!

Grizz,
A hit on the edge still counts as a hit. If you didn't throw the target away already then finish it off and send it in!
A complete miss still works too, it just makes for a bad score. No part of a hole in the target will constitute a miss and will be scored as the distance from center to a corner plus 1/2 inch.

Well I went back to the range this morning to see if I could find my index card from Tuesday. I left the card stapled to a cardboard backer board. I was sure the small card would still be stapled to the cardboard. I was wrong, I went through all of the backers and there was no card. So due to my lack of attention I am out of this one. I still shot some anyway as I had a firelock with me. But I am fairly out of this one.

Someone asked about shooting his best patterning load, well naturaly ,yes, you'd want to do that but does that mean shoot til you find the best pattern or is it the 1st shot counts like the other targets? Deadeye

It's the first shot counts, just like all the rest.
Use whatever load you feel patterns best from your gun but only take one shot at one official target.

Good, that's what I thought. Finished up my smooth rifle yesterday and all 5 targets are in the mail. Deadeye

:cursing: Didnt get out to the desert in time, they done went and closed all the spots I go to target shooting due to "Extreme fire danger". I guess Im missing this one again, but Ill get one in soon!

Back