• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dirty .45.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After shooting the other day I didn't clean the 45.
I've quit panicking about cleaning muzzloaders, unless they get wet I don't worry.
Today I wanted another rabbit so I popped a cap on a rodded patch and set off.
I want to say it was a long shot but the first rabbit I got a chance at was only 10yds or so. Never look a gift horse in the mouth I took the shot.
IMG_20220911_153324.jpg

I went on to miss two others so quit.
Jess and I took a break and then set of for home.
IMG_20220911_202527.jpg

We can only buy Swiss 4F in 1kg tins here. I'm planning on getting some for priming and will be interested in using it as a main charge. Any 20G or 54 cal load suggestions appreciated 🙂
You put 3/4 the volume you would with 3f or larger and enjoy the efficiency my friend. Don't forget to plug the vent on a flintlock though before charging. Or if cap lock keep the hammer on the nipple, no point wasting none.

We can only buy Swiss 4F in 1kg tins here. I'm planning on getting some for priming and will be interested in using it as a main charge. Any 20G or 54 cal load suggestions appreciated 🙂
The saying is a pound is a pound. Here in the states all black comes in 1 pound containers. A pound of 4F has the same stored energy as a pound of 2 or 3F. One assumes you reduce by volume to compensate.

Back