• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Differences between Pietta 8" 1860 Army Blued Steel Revolvers???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes That's what I am using. In using doubled up pop cans,copper and brass you will have to give it a harder wack. For the brass I would not go any thicker than the 36gauge .005 thickness. For your info K&S Soft Brass role #6010 .005 thick 12 x 30". They sell brass in smaller sheets but it isn't soft.Can still be used though.

Yes That's what I am using. In using doubled up pop cans,copper and brass you will have to give it a harder wack. For the brass I would not go any thicker than the 36gauge .005 thickness. For your info K&S Soft Brass role #6010 .005 thick 12 x 30". They sell brass in smaller sheets but it isn't soft.Can still be used though.
You double up your brass?

I know this is an old post. But I got an email from midway for this same revolver. And free shipping. I did some research on the upc numbers and looks like the only difference than the higher priced one is the one on sale is Traditions. I had a chat with someone on midway and they didn’t know anything. But I think this post answered my question.
Great place this forum.

I know this is an old post. But I got an email from midway for this same revolver. And free shipping. I did some research on the upc numbers and looks like the only difference than the higher priced one is the one on sale is Traditions. I had a chat with someone on midway and they didn’t know anything. But I think this post answered my question.
Great place this forum.
That's a good price on that revolver, and with free shipping to boot! You won't regret getting it. As mentioned, it is exactly the same revolver as the other, higher priced, ones listed on Midway. Only difference is the box it comes in.

Great place this forum.
I bought the Traditions/Pietta 1860 from Midway a few months ago. Same sale price with free shipping. Outside of a small burr on the loading lever (which was easily fixed with a small file) the fit and finish is very good. Took it apart to polish some of the internals and it was good to go. Mechanical operation feels very smooth.

I bought the Traditions/Pietta 1860 from Midway a few months ago. Same sale price with free shipping. Outside of a small burr on the loading lever (which was easily fixed with a small file) the fit and finish is very good. Took it apart to polish some of the internals and it was good to go. Mechanical operation feels very smooth.
Forgot to add, shooting it is a blast (RRR). I carry it when hunting as a just in case for a downed but not dead deer.

Latest posts

Back