• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did I miss the ID on this one??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chef50

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a reliable ID on this pistol, I'd like to sell it and don't want to misrepresent it here. Thanks....

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    IMG_1200.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, it's right there in front of you! The 1970's-80's imports were usually made by one of 4 Italian factories with following marks:

U inside of an octagon - Uberti
<EAP> - Pietta
Palm Tree - Palmetto Arms
ASM - Armi San Marco

Per your request for a reliable ID - My 1963 Navy Arms catalog named this gun the "REB Revolver ... beautiful, faithful reproduction of the Confederate Griswald & Grier, based on the 1851 action." Back then it sold for $89.95

@OLUT has identified the revolver. It is the Navy Arms revolver, the "REB" revolver. A beautiful, if not entirely faithful, intended to be, reproduction of the Griswold and Grier revolver. That has the stepped cylinder. That implies that the caliber is 44. All of the Griswold and Grier revolvers were 36 caliber.

Back