• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Diablo Peeps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teaxs Bill

32 Cal
Reaction score
I am brand new to the muzzle loading world & would like to interact with people who have 12 gauge muzzleloaders, especially the Diablo. Are you out there?

The forum doesn't consider the Diablo double barrel pistol to be a traditional gun that was made before 1866. It closely resembles a modern break open shotgun with a pistol grip.

This is a traditional muzzleloading gun site and the end of the Civil War is our forums cutoff date for the things we discuss. Of course, Private Messages can be sent talking about it.

The Howdah on the other hand is similar to the pre 1866 guns because it has external side locks.

We're all going to be drawn to & shoot what appeals to us. Sounds like i may have accidentally stumbled into the wrong room. Sorry. New here, new to muzzleloaders

The forum doesn't consider the Diablo double barrel pistol to be a traditional gun that was made before 1866. It closely resembles a modern break open shotgun with a pistol grip.

This is a traditional muzzleloading gun site and the end of the Civil War is our forums cutoff date for the things we discuss. Of course, Private Messages can be sent talking about it.

The Howdah on the other hand is similar to the pre 1866 guns because it has external side locks.
Thank you. I'll try to avoid trampling into unwelcoming territories.

You are not trampling into unwelcome territories. It's just the particular gun you were asking about.

As far as shooting a muzzleloader, they all pretty much shoot the same and load the same. I don't think the powder load and shot load for a 12 guage pistol would be as large as what a shoulder mounted gun would use but the wads would be the same.

I am brand new to the muzzle loading world & would like to interact with people who have 12 gauge muzzleloaders, especially the Diablo. Are you out there?
pm me and we will discuss it

pm me and we will discuss it
Not sure how to pm from here, but would be cool. Thx.
I shut down my profile here. If Zonie is their type of moderator, this isnt my kind of site. Sometimes, customer service (personality) is as important as the business (topic). Whenever someone wants to learn about weapons, everything within the field should be welcomed. If for nothing else, the vast experience of SAFETY knowledge that experienced muzzleloaders may possess that could keep someone safe. Feel free to pm me, I'd appreciate that. Thank you

Bill there’s a site for the newer stuff where all the ‘Diablo’ guys are. Don’t take offense, most hobby forums are niche and set up for the folks with those narrow interests. If you go to a forum for antique wooden sailing boat hobbyists and want to talk about Plastic catamarans you’ll get pointed somewhere else. Thats good for everyone. The folks with the experience you’re looking for are on modernmuzzleloader.com or similar. Just don’t ask about flintlocks over there or you’ll get sent right back here....

Good luck in your search. Looks like a fun gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back