• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Determine coat of arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need help please.
On one of my pistol case there is this coat of arms.
(Hope this is right in english.
I dont no where too start too find out what dynasty.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_6996[1].JPG

Is the case complimented with the original pistol? If so, post the pistol and it may help to trace the heraldry connected to the crest. Just a thought.

The "crown" is a coronet of some variety. I'm not familiar with that particular version. It may be for a marquess. If you do some research into the various coronet designs, that may help you narrow down the region and rank of the owner.

My guess is, it is a coronet of a count, having nine visible pearls. More specifically the child of a count because of the way the coronet is "capped". Unfortunately coronets of similar styles were used in multiple countries to represent counts so that doesn't help too much.

The symbol at the very bottom appears to be an English styled rose, more specifically the roses of York and Lancaster. Above that a chevron and then two shamrocks/trefoils possibly. The upper right is maybe three scrolls, or bundles of something? And the upper left is a sword.

My initial thought would be to begin the search with heraldry of counts in Normandy and Brittany, but I could be way off on that!

Good luck!

The "crown" is a coronet of some variety. I'm not familiar with that particular version. It may be for a marquess. If you do some research into the various coronet designs, that may help you narrow down the region and rank of the owner.
My guess is, it is a coronet of a count, having nine visible pearls. More specifically the child of a count because of the way the coronet is "capped". Unfortunately coronets of similar styles were used in multiple countries to represent counts so that doesn't help too much.

The symbol at the very bottom appears to be an English styled rose, more specifically the roses of York and Lancaster. Above that a chevron and then two shamrocks/trefoils possibly. The upper right is maybe three scrolls, or bundles of something? And the upper left is a sword.

My initial thought would be to begin the search with heraldry of counts in Normandy and Brittany, but I could be way off on that!

Good luck!

Thank you very much. Figuring that out will keep me busy for a while.

Need help please.
On one of my pistol case there is this coat of arms.
(Hope this is right in english.
I dont no where too start too find out what dynasty.
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 117061

First of all we need to know a bit more about your pistols - who made them and where did they come from? They MUST have proof marks on them - no matter where they were made, Belgium, France, Austro-Hungary or any of the German states.

We'd ALL like to see the garniture - the case and accessories - in full view, rather than the odd coy peek, please.

Digital imagery is cheap.

First of all we need to know a bit more about your pistols - who made them and where did they come from? They MUST have proof marks on them - no matter where they were made, Belgium, France, Austro-Hungary or any of the German states.

We'd ALL like to see the garniture - the case and accessories - in full view, rather than the odd coy peek, please.

Digital imagery is cheap.

Thank you very much. I intrduced the pistols here.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/my-second-pair-of-pistols.141795/
The only proof mark here.

IMG_E7084[1].JPG

Back