• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Desirable T/C Models

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the Cherokee for smaller women and youth.I foolishly sold one I had for my youngest boy to a friend for his daughter, she shot it for one yea,r and then went to live with her mother. I had to pay four hundred dollars each to get others for my grand kids.And one of those had a pitted bore that needed relined so I have $1000 is the two.

For me it’s my Seneca .36 for which after 3 years I found a .45 barrel also have the NOS peep sight and Seneca tool still in their wrapping. Also a patriot in .45. I would like to find a patriot in .36 but they are rarer than Alligator fur in these parts.

Pukatea Bay Boy, Hi Chris I`m other side of the bay from you in Mot. Was over your way Easter , managed to pick up 3 deer. 8, 11 & 14 Pointers with my son, haven`t been out since.
How are you finding it for getting hold of Flints & caps at the moment?

Yes bit tough to get them.i only have percussion rifles. But even so caps tricky.
The gun shop in Wellington. Wayne's the fella is good to get parts sometimes & Hayes in Hawkes Bay maybe?
.not sure on flints sorry:(
That's good news you & son had a good hunt👍
Lots of deer around this year.
.& always pigs.
Wayne's a sourse for powder as well.
.Happy shooting. Thanks for your reply:)
Nga mihi

i have 2 TC big boar 58s took awhile to find in decent shape one day i posted on this forumn last year and 2 men offered to sell me theirs both in great shape i have 2 white mountain carbines one a 50 and the .54 the .54 has taken alot of pigs for me

Used to have Renegades in .50 and .54 and they were really good rifles. I really love the new Englanders. Mine has the 12 bore barrel and the .50. Gonna try to find another NE stock for the rifle barrel as I don't care for barrel swapping. My all time favorite TC though is my Cherokee with G.R. Douglas .40 barrel. Light weight, great shooter, and easy to handle for long walks in the woods. Probably the most accurate small bore I've ever had at squirrel distances.

Any of the sidelocks with double - set triggers. Sold 54 New Englander synthetic recently - sturdy, reliable, unbreakable stock but never did good work without a set trigger, My bad, not the gun. There's only so many a man can keep oiled and it was (as to me are all plastic stocked guns) ugly to start with.

Any of the sidelocks with double - set triggers. Sold 54 New Englander synthetic recently - sturdy, reliable, unbreakable stock but never did good work without a set trigger, My bad, not the gun. There's only so many a man can keep oiled and it was (as to me are all plastic stocked guns) ugly to start with.
have a pile of plastic stocks that have been replaced with wood!
30 years ago it was the other way round. good thing to get smarter as one ages!

I have thought about the same thing for a few years and while making a will a few days ago, I instructed the attorney to place this clause in the will. All my guns and camera collection be sold at highest price possible and the money be given to the Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital that helps families cope with giving the best care for their loved ones at no cost to them. My two girls have no use for my toys and I feel they will approve of this action of mine. Done.

Back