• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Derringer's first powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Apparently I am addicted to building pistol kits, my derringer kit was my fourth.

The kit (mine was from Deer Creek) was easy to assemble. I did polish the sear (please don't remove the main spring!) but everything else was mostly stock work, metal polishing and assembly.

If anyone wants to inlay the barrel pin brass wedge plates be sure to do it before you finish the wood.

As for as firing, it is gratifyingly accurate for a point and shoot gun, I can come close to an object on the ground, as long as I avoid trying to actually use the sight. Mine tends to shoot quite low when actually aiming.

Its a fun little gun, as long as you don't have target hitting expectations.

Latest posts

Back