Deleting a reply that....

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Brokennock

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I replied to a topic. The reply posted, but, it won't leave the reply dialog box. When I scroll to the end of the topic it is still there.
I tried erasing it and hitting the back button. Still there. Tried erasing it and hitting the link that takes me back to that subforum, it's still there when I go back into the topic.
How do I make the repeat reply go away?Screenshot_20220122-181913_Chrome.jpg

reply is above, posted just fine.
But, when I open the topic again and scroll down,,,

Screenshot_20220122-181923_Chrome.jpg

Brokennock

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Erase/delete what you were going to post, then to to this icon and click it.

View attachment 117338

Then delete the draft. Otherwise the draft will stay saved for I think it's one day. I know it's some hours but I forget what we set it at.
When I sent a thank you, I hadn't tried it yet.
It appears I don't have that icon,
Screenshot_20220513-201128_Chrome.jpg
Is it maybe only on the desktop version?

Reaction score
When I sent a thank you, I hadn't tried it yet.
It appears I don't have that icon,

Is it maybe only on the desktop version?
Thanks for posting this. I've been tolerating this behavior as a bug, but can now see it's a feature (though I still regard the way it's handled as something of UX-design bug). The suggested process of waving the dead chicken to make your draft go away works for me -- but I use only the desktop version. So you may be right in your speculation

SmokepoleSam

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am on a tablet and I have that icon. I have one more thing that you don't have, a letter with a line through it [Sale]. My tablet is a Samsung if that helps.

Meriwether

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Just click on the 3 dots that will bring another drop down editing bar. Any time you see 3 dots, there's a menu to drop down.
Please give it a try;

Reaction score
I just logged in for the first time on my Samsung A51 and can confirm what Brokennock is saying. The UI is definitely different in these respects, and the Strike-through icon does not seem to appear anywhere. This looks like a device/version dependency of some sort.

Reaction score
I’ve had that happen. Using the x in a left arrow box on the Apple phone key board and deleting removes it but come back and it’s there. Goes away after a time off forum.

Brokennock

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I just logged in for the first time on my Samsung A51 and can confirm what Brokennock is saying. The UI is definitely different in these respects, and the Strike-through icon does not seem to appear anywhere. This looks like a device/version dependency of some sort.
I’ve had that happen. Using the x in a left arrow box on the Apple phone key board and deleting removes it but come back and it’s there. Goes away after a time off forum.
Can anyone translate these to English for me please?
What's a UI? Or a X in a left arrow box?

To quote Tom Rush, "there seems to be an alarming increase in the things I know nothing about."

Brokennock

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been a Tom Rush fan since his first 8 tracks in the '70's! Biloxi is a favorite!
To delete a comment, delete the words and write Something Else. That Something Else will be saved. You don't have to actually write Something Else, just write anything else.
Seen, and heard, him live a few times. Always great. Not just a great musician, a fantastic story teller.
He's really "Something Else."

Latest posts