Delete Post

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by Juice Jaws, Feb 7, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Feb 7, 2019 #1

Juice Jaws

Juice Jaws

Juice Jaws

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

Say you are writing a post and then decide not to send it. How do you delete the un-send post?? Thanks

2. Feb 7, 2019 #2

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Claude Mathis

Cannon MLF Supporter

If all you've done is write the post, but not sent it, it doesn't really exist. It's only on your screen, it's not in the database. Just go to another page.

3. Feb 7, 2019 #3

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

45 Cal.

Are you asking how to delete drafts?
    Above the text box in the tool bar is a drafts icon right before the do and undo arrows, click it and select delete.

4. Feb 7, 2019 #4

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

Having never tried using the draft icon I typed a bunch of junk into this text box.

I then followed your suggestion and poked the draft icon symbol. It opened a window that gave me the choice of "Save Draft" and "Delete Draft".
    Poking the "Delete Draft" resulted in doing nothing except to close the little window.

Claude has the best suggestion.
    If a bunch of writing has been done in the text box but it has not been entered into the data base by poking the "Post Reply" button you can just go to another post that interests you. Everything you had typed will be almost forgotten by the computer and nothing will be entered into the topic you were in.

I say, "almost" because let's say you decided not to enter your comment and instead, you poked something that got you back to the Index.
    After getting back to the Index you suddenly change your mind and decide you really do want to enter all of the post you didn't enter into the topic.
    At this stage of the game, if you have those little right and left facing arrows up at the top left side of your screen, if you poke the right arrow it will take you back to the previous post and all of the writing you did but never entered will still be waiting there, waiting to be entered or changed.

5. Feb 7, 2019 #5

Juice Jaws

Juice Jaws

Juice Jaws

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

That's what had me confuse, I could always see it . Thanks

6. Feb 7, 2019 #6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

45 Cal.

I guess you need a little more instruction then.

The message must first be manually deleted by highlighting and back spacing or just back spacing one letter at a time. Then when you return to the page it will be gone as opposed to reappearing.

7. Feb 8, 2019 #7

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

45 Cal.

It's called Autosave and it saves everything you type about every 20 seconds.

8. Feb 8, 2019 #8

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

If I want to change what I've written, that is exactly what I do. Either highlight all of the text and hit the backspace button or the delete button to delete the highlighted text.

I don't see how this has anything to do with the Draft button though. That was the point I was trying to make.

The Draft feature is there for people who have written a bunch of stuff and they are not thru with it when they decide to leave the topic. If they hit the Draft Save button and then go elsewhere, either on or off of the forum, when they come back to that topic, their Draft will still be there so they can add to it or modify it.
    If they come back to the topic and see their draft still sitting there waiting to be modified they can hit the Draft Delete and POOF, it will be deleted from the Draft function memory and highlighted at the same time. Then, you can backspace to remove it or hit the Delete button on the keyboard or, just leave the topic and go elsewhere.
    If you do go elsewhere and then come back to the place where you had written stuff, it won't be there anymore.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  9. Feb 8, 2019 #9

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

45 Cal.

Sounds like you got it know. :thumb:

10. Feb 9, 2019 #10

hawkeye2

hawkeye2

hawkeye2

58 Cal.

Left click to highlight the post then right click, hit delete and it's gone.

11. Feb 10, 2019 #11

Angie

Angie

Angie

Administrator Staff Member Admin

The site has a remember for a post you've started. You can leave it and come back to that thread and it will still be there. But, that is only there for 24 hours (I will have to check settings to be positively sure of that time, but that's what I remember).
    Once the time has expired, it will be gone.

If you have not hit Post, you can change a title if it is a thread starter and the body and then hit Post.

I have not used the draft of messed with the settings but may need to take a look.

12. Feb 10, 2019 #12

Angie

Angie

Angie

draft test draft test

disregard this post, just testing

13. Feb 10, 2019 #13

Angie

Angie

Angie

Okay, It saves a message every 60 seconds, and the drafts are stored for 24 hours.
    The draft Icon is not working since the system is set up to auto save the drafts.

14. Feb 10, 2019 #14

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

Carbon 6

45 Cal.

When I timed it it was saving every 20 seconds. but sometimes it was saving every 45 seconds as it did on the first save of this post then it save at 60 seconds.

15. Feb 10, 2019 #15

Juice Jaws

Juice Jaws

Juice Jaws

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

CC, made be your watch is running faster than Angie.

16. Feb 11, 2019 #16

Angie

Angie

Angie

Not what my watch says, what it is set to do.

17. Feb 11, 2019 #17

Nyckname

Nyckname

Nyckname

32 Cal

Or just close the tab. Poof. I do it all the time when I can't make something say what I mean.