• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Definition of "defarb"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard from someone it was because the imported black powder guns in the seventies had f a r a poking up from the stock on the Barrel and people confused with farb

I have mixed feelings, I try to keep an historic camp, equipment ect. But I have more cotton then used in the past. I have wool blankets some 100% some 15% modern fiber, none the plain white or white with black bar that was 90% of the blankets in the past.
I have non slip soles added on my shoes for safety, and my glasses are modern glass not easily shareable glass of the old days.
I keep water pills in my kit.
I have some guns with ‘black powder only’ stamped on the barrel that I don’t even try to cover
None of my knifes really pass muster
Some things I worry about, some I let slide.
I have a folding frying pan. I use it if I’m past 1820s but not at a colonial. Same with my reed stem pipes and my clay stems.

I have mixed feelings, I try to keep an historic camp, equipment ect. But I have more cotton then used in the past. I have wool blankets some 100% some 15% modern fiber, none the plain white or white with black bar that was 90% of the blankets in the past.
I have non slip soles added on my shoes for safety, and my glasses are modern glass not easily shareable glass of the old days.
I keep water pills in my kit.
I have some guns with ‘black powder only’ stamped on the barrel that I don’t even try to cover
None of my knifes really pass muster
Some things I worry about, some I let slide.
I have a folding frying pan. I use it if I’m past 1820s but not at a colonial. Same with my reed stem pipes and my clay stems.
Nothing historically offensive in that stuff! And some of the items, like the non-slip soles, are SAFETY-related. As one of my reenacting buddies says: "We are here to learn by reenacting, but not by hurting or killing ourselves".

I remember back in the '70s when buckskining first began it was always very welcoming and if we are to bring young people into the sport it needs to stay that way! Too many Rendezvous police discouraged newcomers to the sport by there radical policing efforts just saying

To me it means reenactors who can read 12-point type from 10 yards, getting rid of the marks is so they can screw potential buyer IMHO. Only reason I can see we all know they are reproductions any other reason is in the PC/HC mental idiot's minds. Period.

Latest posts

Back