• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thing

40 Cal.
Reaction score
p2nlvKU.jpg

First picture of the Buck shot with the 45 Cal TVM
I will try another one.

I was setting up at the edge of a field , Was not there 2 minutes. Placed a doe in heat lure in field. He went right to it . Came running across field . He stopped about 60 yards out . I leveled the rifle sighted him in and fired. He went right down and never moved. 45 cal. flint lock, 128 round ball, 75 grains of 3 F goex powder. Quickest hunt I have ever been on. Rut was in full swing and I guess he was after what he thought was a doe
waiting for him.

buck and ball said:
I was setting up at the edge of a field , Was not there 2 minutes. Placed a doe in heat lure in field. He went right to it . Came running across field . He stopped about 60 yards out . I leveled the rifle sighted him in and fired. He went right down and never moved. 45 cal. flint lock, 128 round ball, 75 grains of 3 F goex powder. Quickest hunt I have ever been on. Rut was in full swing and I guess he was after what he thought was a doe
waiting for him.

Ahhr, the downfall of many a male!!

B :rotf:

Britsmoothy said:
Ahhr, the downfall of many a male!!

B :rotf:
Few years back Bev and I were returning from LaGrange on one of the narrow back roads this time of year. I rounded a curve slowly and there was a 8 point standing dead even in the center of the two-lane paved road. Bucks just don't do that, even by accident. :wink: No bigger than our whitetails are, I'd swear he was stretched out over what looked like both lanes! Over at the fence line was a big doe...ah, yes, love is in the air! :haha: I eased to a stop but he never even twitched...that boy was locked in on Mrs. Bambi...real case of laser lock! I told Bev, "Watch this" and hit the horn. He must have jumped 8 feet straight up! The Rendezvous is fairly quiet running but his attention was elsewhere! Still chuckle over that one! :rotf:

Back