• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

deer season started yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are WRONG! a man should be free on his own property to do with whatever he pleases! i guess with that thinking the gov. has or should have control over everything you own! that is why we are in the fix "we the people" are in now! people going along to get along! what if our founders thought this way? and yes, if an animal walks from the state land to my land it becomes my property! not the states!
The Conservation Dept here in Missouri was formed in 1937, up until that point there were no regulations, and the deer population was decimated by overhunting so I can't give a lot of credit to private land owners. They did what they wanted and almost wiped out the deer.

The Conservation Dept here in Missouri was formed in 1937, up until that point there were no regulations, and the deer population was decimated by overhunting so I can't give a lot of credit to private land owners. They did what they wanted and almost wiped out the deer.
Yes, and in many other States too. They have managed the Fish & Wildlife in Penna. for decades and have done a fairly good job of keeping the populations strong, healthy etc. They stock the streams and have brought back the Bear population and even a few Wolves. They tried to re introduce ELk but I do not know the results of that effort. If you had to depend on the average private land owner to do the right thing we are all in deep do do. They think of them selves first, first and always, never the good of all. IMHO)

I as a land owner do get a few perks for the number of acres I own I get 5 free deer tags from the state. There will be no poaching on my property I work too hard and spend a bunch of money keeping the land fit for an abundance of wildlife, Last year 11 deer were taken on my land by myself and friends what more could a person ask for?

I as a land owner do get a few perks for the number of acres I own I get 5 free deer tags from the state. There will be no poaching on my property I work too hard and spend a bunch of money keeping the land fit for an abundance of wildlife, Last year 11 deer were taken on my land by myself and friends what more could a person ask for?
Yes, it takes a little more time & effort to do things the right way, but in the end it generally pays off. Your use of "Food Plots" instead of baiting is one example (IMHO).

exactly my point! a man in most cases will take care and look after his property without the government's "help" thank you!

You did note that he said he re'cd "deer" tags from the State. So you are ok with that, correct. Which means you can only take as many deer as you have a tag for.
he is not a fool! he did not need daddy gov. to hold his hand and order him how many deer he could kill! do you really need the gov. to tell you what to do? pitiful if you do! he said

( I work too hard and spend a bunch of money keeping the land fit for an abundance of wildlife)
he is a free thinking and responsible man like most landowners ARE! without gov. help!

You did note that he said he re'cd "deer" tags from the State. So you are ok with that, correct. Which means you can only take as many deer as you have a tag for.
I don't know about all states but Missouri is well aware that private land owners are the key to a good deer population. They have numerous programs to help landowners produce healthier deer numbers
at no cost to the owner.

he is not a fool! he did not need daddy gov. to hold his hand and order him how many deer he could kill! do you really need the gov. to tell you what to do? pitiful if you do! he said

( I work too hard and spend a bunch of money keeping the land fit for an abundance of wildlife)
he is a free thinking and responsible man like most landowners ARE! without gov. help!
This may be true about me, I'm not sure about others though. If allowed to take as many deer as you want we'd be back to 1937 when they were almost wiped out.

I don't know about all states but Missouri is well aware that private land owners are the key to a good deer population. They have numerous programs to help landowners produce healthier deer numbers
at no cost to the owner.
everything the gov. touches turns to dung! a man needs to be free! and if you had no "tags" you wouldn't just slaughter off your deer population! good for you sir!

This may be true about me, I'm not sure about others though. If allowed to take as many deer as you want we'd be back to 1937 when they were almost wiped out.
i do not believe that! if a man is going to break the law, he will do it regardless most people that own something will take care of it! without orders from idiots in gov.

once again, you did not read the post, and are repeating only what you want to hear. It says clearly he rec'd 5 tags. I asked you simply, You are willing to only shoot deer you have a tag for? Yes or No

You are lucky. Here in South Dakota a land owner with at least 160 acres he/she physically farms can apply for a deer tag for each person in the household-man, wife, two children over the age of 10 living at home equals four tags, for example. However, you have to pay for them @ $40 for each any deer tag and $20 for each anterless tag plus a $10 habitat stamp. No free lunch here unfortunately.

You are lucky. Here in South Dakota a land owner with at least 160 acres he/she physically farms can apply for a deer tag for each person in the household-man, wife, two children over the age of 10 living at home equals four tags, for example. However, you have to pay for them @ $40 for each any deer tag and $20 for each anterless tag plus a $10 habitat stamp. No free lunch here unfortunately.
Is that "one deer" per tag?

You have a lot of complaints about a govt that has run a State & Nation that has creted and given you the opportunities you have! :dunno:
you are joking right? they have given me nothing! i worked for everything i have! the only thing the gov. does to a working man is take! maybe you are part of a liberal group that thinks they are owed something, BUT NOT ME!

you are joking right? they have given me nothing! i worked for everything i have! the only thing the gov. does to a working man is take! maybe you are part of a liberal group that thinks they are owed something, BUT NOT ME!
Yup, you have done it all by yourself, the freedoms this country provides, the ability to work and prosper, to even own land, that all just somehow happened! Must be so special to be you.😖

i do not believe that! if a man is going to break the law, he will do it regardless most people that own something will take care of it! without orders from idiots in gov.
You should believe it, how do you think the deer population was near wiped out prior to 1937 here?
There were no regulations then and people were free to do whatever they wished. You certainly think more highly of humans than I do, most are greedy. A-holes

You should believe it, how do you think the deer population was near wiped out prior to 1937 here?
There were no regulations then and people were free to do whatever they wished. You certainly think more highly of humans than I do, most are greedy. A-holes
I think you are absolutely correct. The posts we get here prove it!

Back