• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer Season Check-up Contest, Nov./Dec. 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in for #1. I havent shot my 45 past 50 yards yet but it sounds like fun. Ill shot it at deer camp over turky bird weekend.

123.DieselBenz said:
100Yards.jpg

Looks like you fellas have whitetail jackalopes out there. We only have muley jackalopes here on the west coast. :wink:

Got out saturday to shoot pistol and smoothy. :thumbsup: Then I cleaned them saturday night and swapped out the smooth barrel for my rifled one. :idunno: Shot the rifle target sunday before the trail walk match thingy. Targets are in the mail. :applause: For whatever that's worth. It WAS Fun, better than work fur sure! :rotf:

Till the end of the year is GREAT! This is an incredibly busy season so this is great news. Thanks. :hatsoff:

Finaly got a chance to get my shots in. I put my target in the mail today and we will see if it gets there on time. If not Ill try next time. Thanks for having the contest, I enjoyed particapating.

Still got a couple days to get 'em here and the Christmas rush is over...
Keep your eyes peeled for the next contest coming up real soon. :thumbsup:

My goodness, I shot mine so long ago I'd about forgot about this one. Should be a whole bunch shot it by now.
Deadeye

Yeah, mine was shot near the beginning of November . . . hopefully Jethro hasn't lost it! :blah:

So . . . how many people shot better than me, probably all of them! But . . . At least I sent mine in!

So . . . What's next?

No, I didn't lose it. And now I'm gonna post the scores. :blah:

Sorry I didn't get these posted sooner but I've had a lot going on. Holidays, family, and starting a new job. :thumbsup:

Here are the results!

Pistols at 25 yards;

1. Deadeye 1.338" :hatsoff:
2. Pete D. 4.305"
3. Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell 8.676"
4. 123DieselBenz 12.475"
5. Maven 12.814"

Smoothbores at 50;

1. Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell 3.802" :hatsoff:
2. Deadeye 4.417"
3. Maven 7.788" (and it was his first time shootin' that gun at 50 yards :thumbsup: )

Rifles at 100;

1. Deadeye (again) :hatsoff: 3.843" (AND he shot this on his birthday. Not bad shootin' for an OLD guy! :wink: Hope you had a Happy Birthday Deadeye!)
2. Mad Irish Jack O'Donnell 7.260" (you sure measured that last shot funny Jack)
3. Pete D. 7.936"
4. 123DieselBenz 9.261"
5. Smokey45 9.456"

Thanks for playin' guys. Looks like all them deer woulda needed more than just a check-up if they was standin' where them targets were. :thumbsup:

Congrats Mad IJO and all who shot. In some of these contests is the only time I ever shoot anything off a rest. I'm generally out hiking and shooting rocks or rabbits. I was surprised at how well my rifle did from a good rest and my smoothie wasn't too bad either. It was a good test to find out that they shot that well, thanks, Jethro.
Deadeye

Congrats to y'all. Always great fun.
Now I gotta go play some poker.
(lessee now...five holes in the paper and he makes'em inta cards and then....)
Pete

BTW Pete, You're gettin' pretty good with that pistol. :thumbsup: Come a long way with the rifle too in the last couple years. :thumbsup: Now you need to get ya a smoothbore. :wink:

Latest posts

Back