• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer hunters contest, November 2015

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
For those of you who don't like carving pumpkins, here's another contest to keep you out shootin'.
This one is designed to sorta simulate deer hunting so there will be NO sighting aids allowed on the targets. NO dots, X's, NOTHING! Just a blank sheet of printer paper.

Take 5 Shots at the center of a blank 8.5"x 11" sheet of typing/printer paper at 50 yards. If you miss, do not try again. Misses count!

Each shot will be measured from center of target to center of hole.

One target entry per member.

5 shots per target, hit or miss.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by November 30, 2015 to;

Jim Green
P.O.Box 322
Pekin, IL 61555

Targets will not be returned unless an S.A.S.E. is included.

Be safe and have fun! :hatsoff:

Shot mine yesterday and it is in the mail. Headed for my Arizona muzzleloader elk hunt this Saturday. Its a long drive. Fortunately I will avoid off hand if possible as I shoot a lot better with some sort of rest and preferably my shooting sticks. :grin:

Dave

:thumbsup: Good luck on your elk hunt.
Stop by for a cook-out on your way home. You bring the meat. :)

Well I actually checked out Pekin on the map. A bit too far out of the way. Now if you were to come down to I70 with your grill we could have a cook out and I will supply the meat..... :)

Dave

In the snail mail. I finally had a nice day at the range. I got to shoot a bunch of other guys guns for deer season check off. It probably won't help those guys. But, give me a place to shoot, a gun and the ammo; I'll shoot until you say stop or the ammo runs out. I got my 5 shots with the .54 and some practice with my Ruger LC9. Now deer season on the come up.

Sadly I'll be an apology for this contest.

I've had a busy month both at the range and away from it.

The single action guys had their anual trapdoor shoot. The town gets attacked in the middle of the night by rogues so the towns folk have to defend the town in their red longjohns with the trapdoor in the back.
This year we got attacked by pirates so I got to share my LePage flintlock pistol with everyone. The reactions were mixed.
Its always a fun day.

It just might be possible that I have set a new record for the slowest result posting ever. What, with deer season, family, work, Christmas shopping, etc. it's been a busy month. :surrender: But I figgered I best get the results posted soon because the next results are almost due. Here they are;

Once again, in first place, Mad Irish Jack with a score of 5.630 total. :hatsoff:

In 2nd place was 58 Caliber with a score of 15.589

In 3rd place was Wildshot with a score of 22.221

And 4th, with 4 shots on paper, was Hermit with a score of 10.955
Now I gotta say something here... Hermit went the cheap route and used a sheet out of a wordsearch book instead of typing paper. He said the shot that missed was about an inch off of the edge...
Here's the thing... the wordsearch paper was about and inch narrower than a standard sheet of printer paper!
Hermit, you mighta coulda put 'em all on the paper if the paper woulda been full size! :doh:
:haha:

Sorry about the slow score posting. Hope you all had fun with this one and I hope more will send in their Christmas tree targets. :hatsoff:

I got me and ol' Lorraine zoned in, and ain't seed no animal to use her on. Only got three weeks left here in PA and Allegheny Co. Did someone get the word out to the venison population in western PA. Both sexes sure is a hidin' good. Some's sneaky fast.

Iffin yuh seez wun, Lorraine iz gointa shurly puwt a whak on 'im!
Gud luk on ya fyndin a critter ta shuwt. :hatsoff:

Thank ya kindly. The son and I be heading out Wednesday evening. Startin' early Thursday fer an all dayer and Friday if'n the need be thar. Only need to fill just one o' my tags. Let y'all know.

Back