• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Deer hunt in Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20201128_073622.jpg

In the blind at dawn. I'm hunting with my flintlock today. My first time with a flinter.

Hi Jack, Was out yesterday for first day of the unmentionable season, I did not take the long rifle on this hunt, deer around me all day had four spikes in the area at one time over all a very nice day on the mountain. Felt funny hunting not with the muzzleloader, but wanted to switch up a bit. I know there is a few nice bucks roaming around up there seen them. Will hunt all week not really interested in shooting one unless he is a bruiser, as I had good fortune in our early muzzle loading season. Just nice to be out, hunted from a hour before sun up until it was dark, full moon mountain was pretty in the moon light really did not want to come home. Will hunt all week. GOOD LUCK and keep us informed.

Hi Jack, Was out yesterday for first day of the unmentionable season, I did not take the long rifle on this hunt, deer around me all day had four spikes in the area at one time over all a very nice day on the mountain. Felt funny hunting not with the muzzleloader, but wanted to switch up a bit. I know there is a few nice bucks roaming around up there seen them. Will hunt all week not really interested in shooting one unless he is a bruiser, as I had good fortune in our early muzzle loading season. Just nice to be out, hunted from a hour before sun up until it was dark, full moon mountain was pretty in the moon light really did not want to come home. Will hunt all week. GOOD LUCK and keep us informed.
Sounds like a great spot you got there. Keep us posted and good hunting!

Back out tomorrow morning it is just a matter of the right deer, as I harvested a really nice 8 during early muzzle loading season, and I have seen three other nice bucks prior to now, have plenty of meat in the freezer so I am hunting one for on the wall. Let ya know how it goes. Even if Mr. buck does not come along it is great just to be on the mountain. GOOD HUNTING

8:26 am . Last weekend of the Muzzleloader hunt here in Kentucky. I got here before dawn. Hopefully today is the day. I'll take a nice Doe at this point. I just had a sparrow fly into my blind. She looked at me for a minute as I sat still then flew out the window. Squirrels are running up and down trees, wood peckers are pecking, and crows are Cawing. Its a beautiful thing to just sit and take in nature.
IMG_20201219_081745.jpg

Regular rifle season shot a dandy 7 point was not what I was looking for but too nice a deer to let walk, The nice thing is I shot him with a rifle I built(unmentionable) and ammunition I loaded, this has been a good year for me and it looks like next year will be the same, seen plenty of smaller bucks that next year should be good. I cannot hunt our late muzzleloader season as I have tagged out for the area I hunt, I really like the late season especially if snow is on the ground, which there is but it is a no go. Time to start getting for Wyoming antelope and mule deer this coming Octob. Bologna,snack sticks, jerky and pastrami all done and steaks, roasts in the freezer.

Back