• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Deer creek northwest rifle replacement parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I built this kit over 15 years ago and for a relatively inexpensive kit it has proven itself to be a very good shooter (read somewhere that Douglas made their barrels). I've replaced the lock (L&R) and I've been shooting it without the set trigger working. Anyone know of a replacement trigger for this rifle?
Thanks for any input!

meant to add these pics....

Attachments

• IMG_1632.JPG
    IMG_1632.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1635.JPG
    IMG_1635.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 124
You could look thru Track of the Wolf’s online catalog and likely find a match. Perhaps other suppliers may also have one. Good luck!

You could look thru Track of the Wolf’s online catalog and likely find a match. Perhaps other suppliers may also have one. Good luck!

Many parts pictures are "actual size" in their catalog.

My question is, is the trigger broken or is it simply not functioning with the L&R lock ?

You could also try Deer creek if you need a replacement.

If it is from Deer Creek I would try them. The sell a set trigger for the CVA Mountain rifle for $32.95. Muzzleloading Builders Supply sells Davis triggers. They have always answered my email questions promptly. Like Carbon 6 said, did it work with the new lock?

I would need to see the lock. It looks like a CVA Mountain rifle.

Do the triggers work if the lock is removed from the rifle? If the triggers work, then the problem lies in the alignment of the lock to the triggers.

set trigger is broken...front works just fine and hasn't been an issue for me but thinking about reducing the herd and would like to replace it before I try to sell it.

Attachments

• IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 86
Yes, Deer Creek is the place to go. They sold those rifles under their name/Brand but they were all CVA old stock. They ended up with the rifling machine from Douglass, Douglass did not make their barrels. I have one of the last Deer Creek produced Mtn. Rifle barrels. Bought about 13 years ago? I checked back a year later and they no longer had any left.

Yes, Deer Creek is the place to go. They sold those rifles under their name/Brand but they were all CVA old stock. They ended up with the rifling machine from Douglass, Douglass did not make their barrels. I have one of the last Deer Creek produced Mtn. Rifle barrels. Bought about 13 years ago? I checked back a year later and they no longer had any left.
[/QUOTE)
So they rifled the barrel with the Douglas machine?
Thanks for the reply

Rafterbob
Do you know what the barrel twist is? My manual only list it as a slow twist which makes sense as it shoot PRB great and not so great with Great Plains bullets.
Thanks
Glenn

Latest posts

Back