• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Decent Flintlock Rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horse pucky, they are just like most production guns, not historical, and always needs repair.
I had one. After repairing it to many times, I gave it away.

People need to stop thinking modern, and think about your going to carry this the rest of your days.

Buy QUALITY, which does not exist in the production world.

In 2005 I bought the best parts you could find. I built this rifle with one thing in mind.
To give it to my grandson when Im gone.

I will leave him something that works better than just about any rifle Ive ever shot, and I made it my self.
With all due respect, that's pretentious drivel.

Pedersoli are fine guns, I have several as well as semi custom guns and there is no difference in performance or durability.

If you can afford a fully custom gun, power to you. But don't try and justify the price however by belittling production guns such as Pedersoli.

I'll concede the Pedersoli dowell ramrod is nowhere near the quality of a good hickory rod. But the guns are fine.

JT,

I believe I intimated that I do not own a Blue Ridge flintlock (mine is a percussion), but that I had heard that, compared to the smaller lock on a Pedersoli Kentucky or Pennsylvania, the larger flintlock on the Blue Ridge/ Frontier was supposed to be more reliable. I do not know that to be a fact. If you had a different, more negative, experience with yours, then I am sorry to hear it, and thank you for offering a differing opinion. I have no doubt that your personally built custom rifle is better for you. I would be shocked to hear otherwise. I guess as a percussion lock shooter, I will just keep my mouth shut in flintlock discussions. I also do not own any totally custom guns, so I guess I just didn’t know how much my various production ones (Pedersoli, T/C, Lyman, Traditions, CVA, etc.) suck. Thanks for educating me.😎

‘Poet
I put built my Lyman GPR almost 20 yrs ago and it has served me very well. It shoots and oprerates as well as my hand built Ml's!:dunno:

Attachments

• GPR 1.jpg
    GPR 1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • GPR 2.jpg
    GPR 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • GPR 3.jpg
    GPR 3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Pedersoli are fine guns, I have several as well as semi custom guns and there is no difference in performance or durability.
Well the one I had fell a part over 2 years, shot half the time, the frizzen spring was set at 330bs from the factory, broke the frizzen after 8 shots when new. It took 10 months to have another one made, since Pedo did not sell parts at that time.
The trigger guard broke, the steel ramrod was bent. Yeah a fine machine.

Over 40 years with muzzleloading and I am going to use a flintlock this season for the first time in probably 20 years. I will be using a .54 caliber Thompson/Center Renegade. It's a rugged, dependable rifle and I really don't want to wait two to three years to have one built.

Have fun and good luck.

Over 40 years with muzzleloading and I am going to use a flintlock this season for the first time in probably 20 years. I will be using a .54 caliber Thompson/Center Renegade. It's a rugged, dependable rifle and I really don't want to wait two to three years to have one built.

Have fun and good luck.
The TC is very popular and should serve you well!

Could be worse, could have been a Pinto!

Naw. The worst were the Chevy Chevettes. I speak from first hand experience.

I just bought my first Flint Lock. A Pedersoli Kentucky from a member here named "Orin". I sent my payment last week and he should have it about right now. So when shipped I should have it by the first of next week. I am excited about getting it. I would love a custom or semi custom rifle but don't want to wait for a year or more to get it. I have spent a lot of time looking at the TVM rifles but they may as well be on the moon. I won't be getting one.

Naw. The worst were the Chevy Chevettes. I speak from first hand experience.

I just bought my first Flint Lock. A Pedersoli Kentucky from a member here named "Orin". I sent my payment last week and he should have it about right now. So when shipped I should have it by the first of next week. I am excited about getting it. I would love a custom or semi custom rifle but don't want to wait for a year or more to get it. I have spent a lot of time looking at the TVM rifles but they may as well be on the moon. I won't be getting one.
Come on now. I bought a Chevy Chevette brand new in 1984 and put 140,000 miles on it before it broke down. I was in the service and drove that thing everywhere from Florida to Canada. A real chic magnet.

A real chic magnet.

I'm not sure I want to see the kind of "Chics" you hang out with. 🐷 Lol

My Chevette was in the shop 10 times in 6 months. It had water leaks, wiring problems, fuel filter stoppages and the differential cracked and had to be welded. I sold it and the new buyer had to have it completely rewired because all the wiring fried in the engine compartment.

I'm not sure I want to see the kind of "Chics" you hang out with. 🐷 Lol

My Chevette was in the shop 10 times in 6 months. It had water leaks, wiring problems, fuel filter stoppages and the differential cracked and had to be welded. I sold it and the new buyer had to have it completely rewired because all the wiring fried in the engine compartment.
That was when I was young and had hair.

Years ago I bought a Pedersoli Blue Ridge rifle in percussion. Shot it for a year and then converted it to flint. It is in 54 caliber. It has become my elk hunting rifle of choice. Contrary to what some people may say,,, it is of great quality. The wood to metal finish is exceptional on my rifle and it looks great. Yes it is not authentic...do the elk that I shoot with it care. NO. It is extremely accurate and the gun goes off 99.9999999% of the time and it is a very fast ignition. I also own a custom flintlock that was built just for me and it is my pride and joy but it doesn't shoot any better than my Pedersoli ! You don't have to build it yourself or have a custom built rifle to have a quality muzzleloader.....!!

Latest posts

Back