• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

December shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done Maven and Irish Jack. Thanks again for putting on the match Adui.

Keep up the good shooting fellas.

Thanks guys! Btw, haven't had access to my computer for several days, so please excuse the lateness of my reply. Congratulations are in order for Mad Irish Jack too. Lastly, due to a bottle of frozen patch lube, which I forgot to remove from my car, I almost was unable to shoot. Fortunately, with a bit of sunshine and luck, things worked out even better than I expected!

Congrats Maven. I got a one creeping hole group in the 4 space. Last 2 shots I tried to creep into the 5 space. Musta had my sub shooting sense keep me low. ??? Thanks to the 10 group of folks who shoot. Maybe we're the only shooters outa' 30K plus folks. Good job y'all.
Oh, Maven, I don't have an answer for Mikey Fink. Why can't we destroy that hat band???? LOL inside

Thanks so much, KS Jake & Jack! And yes Jack, I'll be your partner for the MF Shoot.

All, other than the frozen patch lube issue I had, I decided to revisit in part Dutch Schoultz' bore "swabbing" after each shot. I.e., I used a dry flannel patch to dry the bore after loading, but before capping as I did years ago. I think it helped and Dutch is correct about maintaining a consistent bore condition. (I just wish I'd done this sooner!)

Back