• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

December shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot mine today. Ill mail in the morning. Used my new Flintlock Great Plains Rifle. Only second time I shot it. Maybe should have use my old rifle. Any way, 490 ball with .015 patch over 65 gr. of FFF. Thanks Adui for putting this together.

I'm going to be a late entry this month. We've had some bad luck timing. Along time co worker of my wife passed away last weekend and was planted into Mother Earth's arms Wednesday afternoon. That night a 50 year friend of mine passed. He's taking the same trip as my wife's friend, Saturday AM. I'll be shooting it next week between deer hunting and family Holiday stuff. Merry Christmas to all it applies to and Happy Holiday to everyone!

I'm going to be a late entry this month. We've had some bad luck timing. Along time co worker of my wife passed away last weekend and was planted into Mother Earth's arms Wednesday afternoon. That night a 50 year friend of mine passed. He's taking the same trip as my wife's friend, Saturday AM. I'll be shooting it next week between deer hunting and family Holiday stuff. Merry Christmas to all it applies to and Happy Holiday to everyone!
Irish, take your time. I'm very sorry for your losses. I'll wait for your target.

Russel Shaffer and Log Cutter, your targets are scored. Thank you for shooting. For the record Russel, you didn't skew the point spread at all. The spread is only a 4 point spread now..

Adui, I put my target in the mail today early. I hope it goes out tonight. Should post mark sun or mon. I musta had a group tightener on this one. Didn't put a topper on it. Nothin in the bottom 3 parts o that thar never green. Snowed a bit here in PA while I shot today, but nothin laid down. My new heavy(Christmas Gift) coat seemed to steady the hold. Now I need to get out for the PA late, flintlock only season. No white stuff on the ground will make it more challenging. I'll watch for Jan Target.

Mad Irish Jack; I'll look for your target next week and wait to post scores till I get it. Everyone: Ill post the new target in the next day or two as well. Tomorrow however, I go burn some black at the range!

Well I did not get the December shoot done. Between terrible weather, the holidays and two colds back to back I just couldn't make it happen. I have the first two weeks of January to get that shoot in and then I am having surgery on both feet so I may make January and not sure about February. I am having 3 toes on each foot straightened and pinned. Not fun as this is the second time around for foot surgery. :ghostly:

Getting old sucks. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Happy New years to the postal match crew!

I received targets for Mad Irish Jack and Ames today. you are both on the scoreboard.

Ive received the following targets:

Juice Jaws
Silky 921
Rhino Dave
Mark WI
Russel Shaffer
Log Cutter
Kansas Jake
Maven
Mad Irish Jack
Ames

Am I missing anyone?

OK hearing none I will post scores today. Thank you to all who shot, and to those who wanted to but just didnt get a chance!

Maven takes the win with 21 points, GREAT shooting sir!
Mad Irish Jack takes second with 20 points, also GREAT shooting!
Third goes to Ames with 17 points. Good shooting as well!

The rest are on the scorecard below:

Maven 21
Mad Irish Jack 20
Ames 17
Log Cutter 13
Rhino Dave 12
Silky 921 12
Russel Shaffer 10
Mark WI 10
Juice Jaws 9
Kansas Jake 5

Latest posts