• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

December 2020 Postal Match - Decorate the Christmas Tree

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
December 2020 - Decorate the Christmas Tree
Our December target comes from a suggestion on the Monthly Postal Match - General Discussion thread. It was done here a couple years ago. It is called Decorate the Christmas Tree. I've reworked and attached it as a pdf you can download and print.

Write your Forum Screen Name on your target!

The distance will be 25 yards.
Five shots only.
Shots will be off hand only - Standing with no support aids.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. Percussion, flintlock or matchlock ignition only. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK. Pistol targets will be scored in their own class. You can submit both a rifle and a pistol target.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Scoring will be indicated on the target.

Mail your target, postmarked no later than December 31, to:

Marc Smith
1900 Parkway Drive
Casper, WY 82609
Attn: December Target

If you don’t mind sharing I would also like to know what you’re shooting. Include type of firearm, caliber, ball diameter, patch thickness, lube, powder type and grains used, barrel length and twist rate. This isn’t required I’m just the curious sort.

Thanks for shooting and Godspeed ladies & gentleman!!

MSmith

Attachments

• Christmas Tree Target.pdf
    274.3 KB · Views: 489
BTW who won the Nov Postal Match?
Today was the last day to shoot and mail the November target. I expect all entries to be received by December 5. I imagine I will post the results no later than Monday December 7th - Pearl Harbor Day. I will say... of the targets I have received thus far there is a tie for first place.

What are the rules of using minie balls for rifle or conicals in the pistol category?

I do see clearly stated 'round ball only', but have seen discussion here of using minies that makes me curious of conflicts in using either of these.

My apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.

What are the rules of using minie balls for rifle or conicals in the pistol category?

I do see clearly stated 'round ball only', but have seen discussion here of using minies that makes me curious of conflicts in using either of these.

My apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere.
Still "Round Ball Only".

Long story short:
There was discussion back in August - September, I think. I stated that for that month I would accept targets shot with Mini but they would be in their own class and we would see how it goes, possibly extending. I received zero targets and the discussion hasn't come up until now. Personally, I'm a No on adding more.

Today was the last day to shoot and mail the November target. I expect all entries to be received by December 5. I imagine I will post the results no later than Monday December 7th - Pearl Harbor Day. I will say... of the targets I have received thus far there is a tie for first place.
I sent my pistol and rifle targets a couple of weeks ago. Did you not receive them? I don't see my screen name on the list you show of targets.

I missed the shoot last month and it bugs me so much because that target was so cool. Always liked this type of target too. Got my deer now so I have no excuses for missing this month!

December 2020 - Decorate the Christmas Tree
Our December target comes from a suggestion on the Monthly Postal Match - General Discussion thread. It was done here a couple years ago. It is called Decorate the Christmas Tree. I've reworked and attached it as a pdf you can download and print.

Write your Forum Screen Name on your target!

The distance will be 25 yards.
Five shots only.
Shots will be off hand only - Standing with no support aids.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. Percussion, flintlock or matchlock ignition only. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK. Pistol targets will be scored in their own class. You can submit both a rifle and a pistol target.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Scoring will be indicated on the target.

Mail your target, postmarked no later than December 31, to:

Marc Smith
1900 Parkway Drive
Casper, WY 82609
Attn: December Target

If you don’t mind sharing I would also like to know what you’re shooting. Include type of firearm, caliber, ball diameter, patch thickness, lube, powder type and grains used, barrel length and twist rate. This isn’t required I’m just the curious sort.

Thanks for shooting and Godspeed ladies & gentleman!!

MSmith
What size is the tree

Latest posts

Back