• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

December 2020 Postal Match - Decorate the Christmas Tree

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine print or no print? The December instructions were rather brief. My fault, I assumed shooters have been following and participating for the last several months. I will try to improve to add clarity in the future.
I'm just messin with ya Marc, to keep you on your toes, lol.

Merry Christmas!

I shot the pistol challenge on this target Friday. In the snow, about 35 degrees. I used my Ruger Old Army-I have two of these -
I had lots of misfires. Using 777. More then I can ever recall with this revolver. I may not bother to turn in my pistol targets. Not very good.

Merry Christmas shooters!
As of the end of business Christmas Eve, which is pretty late in the day night here, I have received and scored targets eight targets, listed below...
1sgt - Rifle & Pistol
cankeney
Flinter 1977
Josephg
nessmuk
Richard Dittman
Silent Walker
Sven205 - Postol

There is one weekend left and lots of time to still shoot the December target.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!

Attachments

• Christmas.png
    Christmas.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 144
Target protection - I have been spraying my Oregon hunting tags with Krylon clear. We now have to print them off and my ink jet is not even water resistant. I spray them to the soaking point and hang to dry. They are not totally waterproof but it really helps. Worth trying, I think.

December Final Results

We had 12 shooters participate in the December shoot. That’s about the same number as November but is down slightly from the summer months. Again the pistol shooters continue to amaze me how well they shoot – right there with the rifles!

We’ve had a couple members who have been stricken with COVID-19 but are still upright burning powder. I must say, the group might not be large but they are a hearty bunch. Maybe there’s medicinal benefits from shooting muzzleloaders? I know for sure it is mentally therapeutic. Maybe someone should commission the CDC to do a study.

Scoring this target was a bit challenging because some of you shot the same place consistently. Consequently I changed the January target. We had a tie for third place. The results are posted below. Thank you all for shooting and sharing your results.

Rifle Top 3
Member​
Score​
Silent Walker
34​
J dirt
28​
1sgt
24​
Professor flintlock
24​

Rifle All Shooters w/ Remarks
Member​
Score​
Remarks​
11th corps
21​
TC .50 flintlock, 50gr 3f
1sgt
24​
TC .45 Hawken percussion, .440, .016 canvas patch, Mr. Flintlock Lube, 45gr Pyrodex
Cankeney
21​
Kibler Colonial .54, 43-1/2” Colerain bbl, 1:66, .526, .022 pt, TOW-mink oil, 70gr Goex 3f
Flinter 1977
13​
TC New Englander .54, 90 gr Graf 2f, .530, .015pt, beeswax / lard.
J dirt
28​
TC Renegade, .45, GM bbl, 40gr 3f Goex, .440, .018pt
Josephg
19​
.38 Original Old Picket rifle, 15 gr 3f, .010 spit patch, peep sight
Nessmuk
12​
.45 Parts rifle, flintlocl, 30gr 3f Goex, .440, .015 patch
Professor flintlock
24​
.32, Vincent – flint, 31gr 3f Goex, .319