• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dear OLE TIMERS, Act Now

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife always asks why I came home with another GUN. My answer is always the same, for the same reason you keep getting shoes delivered. Usually shuts her up until I come home with another one.

Hello, I’m Brian. I started mildly....a CVA Kentucky Rifle kit in the late ‘70’s. It soon Evolved into.....(embarrassing look), Buckskinning! Yep, full blown. Well, early ’80’s, left for the military. Got cleaned up. Came home, raised children, career, now I have seriously relapsed. I’m disgusted with myself. I’m really not sure if this is the place for help..........

I only have one muzzleloader. The first one, the last one, and all the ones in between. I have 2 gun safes that holds all the "ones" that I have. Then there is the one that I am holding in my hand. I don't have a problem. I only have one on order, the other one that I want, and the one I want to look at. What one do you want to see? What's the problem? DANNY

My wife always asks why I came home with another GUN. My answer is always the same, for the same reason you keep getting shoes delivered. Usually shuts her up until I come home with another one.
I have a friend that always goes out carrying a gun slip with a stick in, sometimes it comes back with stick, sometimes with (yet) another gun, but always looks the same!

Also don't go early to matches and Rendezvous. Wait until after all the good deals are gone.

Then there is the case of a nice little flintlock pistol that sat on the trade blanket all weekend. I had looked at several times over the course of the event. Came with a nice holster. The problem was that the lock couldn't be set to half or full cock. Price kept going down over the course of the event. On my last visit, I pushed the trigger forward and click. Single set trigger. Would only catch in half or full cock when the trigger was set. Still needs some work to get the release smoothed out, but it came home with me.

I remember my introduction to muzzle loading in general and flint shooting in particular from my second cousin that was as crazy about anything that shoots as myself. He handed me one of his Kentucky flint guns in I think .44 cal and off to the woods we went fox squirrel hunting.
I found a nice squirrel on a limb, sneak up a bit closer from behind a tree to almost straight up , line up on him and touch the set triggers. I hear the ignition, feel the recoil and the next thing I about dropped the rifle trying to put out the fire on my face from the burning powder spilling from the pan. My cousin about died in a fit of laughter while I slapped/brushed my cheeks and forehead trying to put out the face fire! I don't remember even if I hit the squirrel or not but I sure have no trouble recalling the burned face. I've never fired one straight up again but hear folks hunt squirrels all the time with flint guns and don't seem to have any issues as I did that day. The only thing I can think of causing this was to course a granulation of pan powder.

I fear your warning came way too late. They breed like coat hangers ( but are far less irritating ).I just tell myself' ' A gentleman needs his battery' and carry on if few are bought mostly roll my own . Rudyard
Make some, buy some, sell some, give some away, yet they multiply .. it is unexplainable

You realize your beyond all hope when you look at a really nice piece of furniture say a table with a curly maple top and think what a waste of a piece of wood that would of made a great long rifle stock. Or you see a pretty woman at the beach in a Brazilian thong bathing suit and think, wonder what she would look like in a brain tan dress.

You realize your beyond all hope when you look at a really nice piece of furniture say a table with a curly maple top and think what a waste of a piece of wood that would of made a great long rifle stock. Or you see a pretty woman at the beach in a Brazilian thong bathing suit and think, wonder what she would look like in a brain tan dress.
I was with you until you got to the broad, I'd have her stick with the thong...but that's just me.

I am twenty three and this sport has already ruined me, and my bank account, for good. My girlfriend is in medical school, and she is dead convinced that I have psychiatric issues...Once I get her to fire one she will understand

I am twenty three and this sport has already ruined me, and my bank account, for good. My girlfriend is in medical school, and she is dead convinced that I have psychiatric issues...Once I get her to fire one she will understand
Hmm, a medical student. Hang on to her. She can help with your mental issues, normal daily guy injuries and has good income potential to help support your habits.

Back