• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dear OLE TIMERS, Act Now

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Bays

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Dear OLE time muzzleloader shooters,
Can you please create a PSA to warn people that have not been shooting too long,about the dangers of MLDA (Muzzle Loading Drug Addiction).

I have been shooting just over a year, and this is my journey into the abyss....
A pawn shop rifle...gateway gun
A Traditions kit... I can do this
A 1858 ...I need a pistol
A nice CVA percussion hawken...I need a cap rifle
1851 pistol....Another pistol...I need the rebel side
An India gun (NW Trade Gun)... I need a reenacting piece
A 20 ga Hawken smoothbore...because its so smooth
Now a Pencontia River Trade gun kit ....ready to graduate from "snap together models to glue models".

Start now to halt this sickness..... O look a flinter Sea Service pistol. I am holding it for a friend.

My addiction has gotten pretty bad as well. I found a good deal on an 1858 yesterday that I just "Had to have because I only have Colt style revolvers and I need a Remington!"

Well after I brought it home the wife wasn't as enthusiastic as I was, so I asked if she was mad. She said "Do the dishes and take the trash out and I'll forget all about it."

I'm lucky to have a good woman to help enable my addiction. :ThankYou:

At 50+ years of muzzle loader addiction , I'm still exploring the depths of the disease. The mental flash backs of previous hunts are often and severe. Dreams of building that special rifle , can last for hours, causing a distraction blocking a wife or girl friend's ability to communicate with the addicted individual. M/l hunting trips and sitting and holding a special m/l gun , sometimes renders temporary relief . That's all I know....oldwood

My addiction has made me run out into the cold dark woods, day after day. The family cant find me. Not even GPS can find me. I hide out in the darkness telling myself today will be better. I'll drop a deer soon. But yet I return the next day and the next.
Soon I'll just stay out there huffing black powder from a bag. Why did I ever touch the stuff?

I might have to text my dealer for a fix.
Psst!!

Have I got a deal for you!!

Funny-Gun.jpg

Went to a twelve step program with some other front stuffers. The conversation went thus:
Hi I’m Jeff and I’m addicted
Hi Jeff, what’s your addiction
Muzzleloaders
What happened got?
Well I mostly keep three long guns at a time, all the wife allows. So right now I have.....
By the end of the night we planned a rendezvous and a deer hunt. While we formed a trekking outline.

Back