• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Deal Breaker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today perusing the sidelock percussion/flintlock rifle section of a local LGS I spied a TC Pennsylvania Hunter in the rack. Decent condition but needed a good cleaning. Had the original octagon to round barrel which I believe was a straight octagon before being discontinued. I was starting to get a bit excited and was thinking not bad for $400. Tipping the rifle forward to see barrel top surface I found 2 threaded holes in the top flat right where the profile changed to round. Guessing someone drilled and tapped the barrel for scope rings and the rear thread holes were under the original rear sight which is on the gun. How disappointing. I have quite a few traditional muzzleloading rifles and even at 72 years old have never felt the need to drill and tap any of them for a modern scope. Guess I will never understand the need for doing that. Was a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

Back