• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dawn Dishsoap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eutycus, i few years about a local rancher of sorts or what ever bought 9 horses and let them starve to death that winter. he did jail time for it had a trial and every thing. couple of years i think. also my son and i were out driving checking deer out about 7,8 years ago. we saw 12 horses that were sking and bones eating the bark off of cotton wood trees. cotton wood bark is good feed but not by it self as their was none left to eat. we called the law and they came right out. we went by their the next week and they had several big hay bales to feed on. dont know why people do that sort of thing, glad you brought it up. 5 cats around my place that are as fat a volly balls wont get me in jail for that. i figure when you take on the task keeping them you must take care of them.

Most people are aware of the poisinous qualities of antifreeze. And animals love for some reason. I heard it tastes like orange juice to the varmints. A horse was killed several months ago at the San Antonio Rodeo. And I kind of doubt it was an accident. Used to be a person could get by with killing an animal, but not anymore. Animals seem to have more rights than some people.

It didn’t taste like orange juice but, I can tell ya from experience from a radiator cap on an overheated car that it does taste sweet. They say dogs drink it because it is sweet and that cats will drink it because their tastebuds don’t taste sweet stuff. So to them it’s just water.

Sorry The local TV station said ''sweet like orange juice". I should have reworded.

the veterinarian says it is very sweet tasting to all animals. when it is drunk there goes the kidneys.

guys and gals please forgive me but the way to save humans and animals from death is everclear. i may have posted this before. if your dog or what ever drinks antifreeze, give them ever clear so they are falling down drunk. it combines with the antifreeze and the kidneys can flush it out. when i was active as a RN. we had big viles of pure alcohol around just for the occasion when someone came in drinking something like antfreeze. we would put a iv in them and give them a pure alcohol drip and it would save their lives. one time a guy brought his black lab to the er and said to the doc, save my dog. the doc said get that blink blank animal out of here before i call the cops. enough of RN stories, i have a million of them.

guys and gals please forgive me but the way to save humans and animals from death is everclear. i may have posted this before. if your dog or what ever drinks antifreeze, give them ever clear so they are falling down drunk. it combines with the antifreeze and the kidneys can flush it out. when i was active as a RN. we had big viles of pure alcohol around just for the occasion when someone came in drinking something like antfreeze. we would put a iv in them and give them a pure alcohol drip and it would save their lives. one time a guy brought his black lab to the er and said to the doc, save my dog. the doc said get that blink blank animal out of here before i call the cops. enough of RN stories, i have a million of them.
Close...https://www.thesprucepets.com/antifreeze-poisoning-in-dogs-1118527
The alcohol is administered IV to animals as well.

CONFIRMED BY A VET COLLEAGUE - IV NOT ORAL...

Last edited:
Just stand back you smokers. I havent messed with Everclear in years and really didnt know it was still around. That stuff is highly flammable isn't it?

Now bob I aint saying that sounds like BS, but I have drank everclear, Just plain it can kill you, and then mix it with antfreeze, sounds like a good way to shake hands with the Devil.

Just stand back you smokers. I havent messed with Everclear in years and really didnt know it was still around. That stuff is highly flammable isn't it?
It's 95% alcohol - very flammable.
I can buy Everclear at my local liquor store and use it for home-made liquors (Orange, Lemon,Tangerine, Espresso and Cinnamon).

It must be stronger now than in it was back in my drinking days. It was only 120 proof then. I think ? (it kills brain cells you know)

And sneezing.

If I recall correctly the ethanol antidote was featured on an episode of "House" on TV.
Don't remember what the poison was though.

It's 95% alcohol - very flammable.
I can buy Everclear at my local liquor store and use it for home-made liquors (Orange, Lemon,Tangerine, Espresso and Cinnamon).

Friend used to go out of state and buy 190 proof of everclear and we made our apple pie out of it to pass around the camp fire. I am sure we all are short a few brain cells.
DSCN2969.JPG

Most people are aware of the poisinous qualities of antifreeze. And animals love for some reason. I heard it tastes like orange juice to the varmints. A horse was killed several months ago at the San Antonio Rodeo. And I kind of doubt it was an accident. Used to be a person could get by with killing an animal, but not anymore. Animals seem to have more rights than some people.

The drinkable alcohol mixes with the bad alcohol and flushes it out of the body together. their may be other ways to save lives now from that kind of injestion but i suspect they still use that method.

If I had my choice of spending the rest of my life with my dogs or the entire human race want to guess what my answer would be?

Hawkeye, I know our dogs love us more than our wifes. Did a test once put the dog and wife in the trunk of the car. After 4 hours let them both out, the dog by far was more happy to see me than my soon to be x-wife.

Although water pressure can help clean, water alone cannot remove oil from dirty dishes. This is because water and oil do not bond. In order to resolve this chemical issue, the manufacturer of Dawn dish detergents adds chemical surfactants to many of their products. Chemical surfactants contain two sides: one side attracts naturally to water, while the other side attracts to the oil on dishes. The oil-loving side of the surfactant pulls the oil off of the dish, while the water-loving side attaches the molecule to the dish water. When you rinse the water away, it carries the oil away with it. The alkyl dimethyl amine oxide in Dawn Power Dissolver is an example of a chemical surfactant.

Since there is no oil to remove from the barrel when shooting BP, what is the dire need for surfactants in cleaning away BP residue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back