• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Davis Deer slayer Replacement Trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Been fighting with my "Davis Deer slayer Replacement Trigger" all day. Can't get the set trigger to work. Lock seems to be working ok, half cock, full cock. Trigger works ok out of the stock. Pull set trigger clicks, pull front trigger clicks. Put it in the stock, set trigger will not click at all, pull the front trigger the cock will fall. Adjusted the set screw and sometimes the set trigger will make the cock fall. Used Inletting Black and nothing seems to be rubbing. What hair I have left I'm pulling out.

Are all screws tight in the lock? Particularly the bridle screws. I had a problem similar to this about a month ago, and the bridle screws needed tightened. Worked fine after that

No amount of adjusting the set trigger will help, if it works correctly out of the stock but not in place then it has to be the stock. Try pressing forward on the front trigger when you try to set the rear. If it holds then check the clearance of the front trigger spring.

Been fighting with my "Davis Deer slayer Replacement Trigger" all day. Can't get the set trigger to work. Lock seems to be working ok, half cock, full cock. Trigger works ok out of the stock. Pull set trigger clicks, pull front trigger clicks. Put it in the stock, set trigger will not click at all, pull the front trigger the cock will fall. Adjusted the set screw and sometimes the set trigger will make the cock fall. Used Inletting Black and nothing seems to be rubbing. What hair I have left I'm pulling out.
Something is keeping the set trigger from working, you just have to identify it. With the lock REMOVED from the stock, does the trigger work when it is installed? From what you are describing, likely not. You might want to try something a little brighter that inletting black, may want try some chalk or lipstick to help locate the offending piece of wood.

No amount of adjusting the set trigger will help, if it works correctly out of the stock but not in place then it has to be the stock. Try pressing forward on the front trigger when you try to set the rear. If it holds then check the clearance of the front trigger spring.
I was just messing with it, the mortise that was cut in the stock for the trigger plate seems to be off. I backed it off and placed a 1/8 drill bit between the mortise and front of the trigger plate. Pulled the set trigger and it went click pulled the front trigger and the cock fell. I keep playing with it, lesson learned Thanks to all!!!

If it has the minuscule front trigger spring, it won't take much to interfere.

Back