• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dave's Flint 20 Bore- Dove Hunt Sept/04

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like a VERY good day. I know guys who can't do that with a modern Remington 12 bore and special Dove loads, let alone a double flinter. Please note that this great shooting was done with normal 20 bre loads, ot those horrendous compilations ome guys are shooting in their 20 bores. Most extra heavy laods just don't pattern well - on top of that statement, I'll also say you can't judge a pattern by shooting at a tin can at 25 yards. Get some big pieces of paper and do it properly if you are a 'pelter' shooter. It's amazing what they can do. BP is amazing suff in a shotgun.
: Way to go, Dave.
:
dove%20hunt9-04%20daves%20muzzle%20loader.jpg

:agree: :RO:
Yes sir, that's a real accomplishment...Dave done good !!!

:applause: :redthumb:

Well, i can't get the picture to show, but i guess there must be one of some doves you shot Dave. Congrats on being out there shooting at them. I didn't even go out for the opener. Haven't found any places to shoot yet at the new place we live. Glad you were able to get out a go after some of them. Take care.

I'm in the same boat as Rebel. All I see is the infamous "lil' red x" where the picture should be. By the way, Musketman, do you like your little dove drumsticks regular or extra crispy? :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the pictures Daryl! But, for some reason all I get is the little red "X" also. Oh well, anyone who can't get them and want to see, I will email them to you.
Thanks again Daryl.

Captchee, can you see pictures? I wonder if for some reason I have a setting off or something that I cannot get them. Hmmmmm Dave K ::

Dave, you may have a setting off, but that won't affect your computer. :: Whatever the problem is i can't see even the Red X, let alone the pictures.

Yes, I don't get the red "X" no more either. More Hmmmmmmm. :results: Edit, all of a sudden the picture showed up! again , hmmmmmmmm :results:

Well, now that it is up and I can see it. The gun is the one that I showed acouple of weeks ago. In those pictures it was still a perc. gun. I had it reconverted to flint. I am shooting 7/8oz. loads and 2 1/4dr.(about 60gr.) of 2F Schuetzen. I am using 4F Goex to prime with. Of course the gun is cyl. bored. I did work up loads on a patterning target. though it will handle heavier loads, this load gave very good patterns for me and recoil is virtually non-existant.

By the way, Musketman, do you like your little dove drumsticks regular or extra crispy? :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

Smoked will be fine... :thumbsup:

Is it just me, or is the fourth bird from the right givin' the cameraman the "finger?" :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

You know, everyone will look now... :crackup:

A bird giving the bird, Ha!

Sort of a parting juster, the last laugh, a final ha-rah...

Nah, it's just you... :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Very nice group of birds!! Congrat's Dave and thanks for posting the picture Daryl. I love to see successful hunts.

Casey :thumbsup:

Back