• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Davehunt - scam

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A member Davehunt joined the forum 10-days ago. He has about 5 "hello" posts. He is responding to WANTED ads with "...I have a friend in Texas....email him at .....". This is the typical scan scenario. Please beware - moderators, owners should remove him. Here is his PM to me...

Hi if your still looking, I can help out with a lead, you can reach out to Matthew in texas he has the Lightweight shotgun for sale this is his email address [email protected] good luck

Last edited:
Yes - I’ve received 3 from him also.
Typical scam.

Be aware and only respond to something that complies to forum rules

“Deserves” is a bit strong… I’ve met some really naive and trusting souls. They don’t deserve to be taken advantage of by low life scum.

If you’re that naive that you’d fall for the aforemenntioned scam, you needed the lesson.

Naivete is a relative term. Look how many educated, learned people are buying into covid, global warming, and a whole host of other scams frequenting the headlines these days. When its your turn in the box I promise I will be more sympathetic towards you.
Thanks for ferreting out this scum bag Sparkitoff.
Robby

Scams exist all over the place…. Be alert and aware . This guy will likely be around, and slither his way into another scam. Do diligence on a purchase, ask for Credentials.

This is a good thread to teach others on how not to get scammed, perhaps turn a negative to a positive.

Ps- Covid is a scam? Tell that to my Brother who got real sick for 2 straight months.

A scammer is a thief, who uses his two hands on a key board to enter your house and steal from you. I don't care if my door is locked or unlocked the reception a thief will receive is the same!

Some of our members here can unfortunately be easily scammed. I sold an item recently on here. The fella was extremely internet/forum illiterate. I had to really work with him to make the transaction. He is in his 80s. My mother is up in years and is very intelligent, yet she falls for email and phone scams constantly. I have to watch her like a hawk. Reporting it here is the best we can hope for to deter it for others. People ARENT deserving of being scammed. Some folk just aren’t familiar with the way things are nowadays. They are from a different time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back