• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Dating Renegade.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

good ole boy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Do any of you all know how to date a Renny with the serial #? A friend of mine has one he bought new in the 70,s and his appears older than mine by lookin at the sites.I bought mine used from a fella that said he bought it in the 80,s.But mine has a lower serial #.

I forgot about the fire but I would think the serial #,s would go on as the rifle was finished.

Does either serial number begin with a K ? I can't remember if Renegades came in kits.

The guy who bought the gun in the 80's. Did he say it was new? It's possible some of those rifles sat around for years, before being sold. I know I've bought some unfired TC's that were more than 20 years old.

My guess is that your rifle is the oldest. But one other question. Are they both the same caliber?

It would not be uncommon in a large warehouse, or a mom & pop store, for a boxed, finished rifle from one year to go unnoticed in a corner for several years, to be discovered and sold. I have a vintage, Japanese Bess Kit, which I bought about five years ago from a fellow who'd been out of the sutler business for at least 20 years. He found several of the unsold kits in the storage space over his garage, and sold them off.....so it's "new" more than 20 years after it ceased to be made.

LD

I dated a couple of girls who were definitely anti establishment but never a real Renegade. PS they were all of legal age.

Latest posts

Back