Data breach ????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
Did not happen to me. If it had a link that it suggested that you click I would be suspicious. Other than that...do you have anti-virus software? If so was the notification from that software?

I have had legit notifications and unless it was a password that I used on personal or banking type sites, I ignored it and nothing happened...YMMV,

Brokennock

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Did not happen to me. If it had a link that it suggested that you click I would be suspicious. Other than that...do you have anti-virus software? If so was the notification from that software?

I have had legit notifications and unless it was a password that I used on personal or banking type sites, I ignored it and nothing happened...YMMV,
I mostly log in on my phone these days. Not sure what is on here for anti-virus.
I used to just always stay logged in,,,, I figure if I'm logged in,,, no one can log in as me.
But, as I'm trying to lessen my forum time, and internet time in general, I've been logging out lately. Maybe I'll stay logged in here until I can log in on another device and see if I get the same message.

Brokennock

75 Cal.
Reaction score
Splurged on a password manager program several years ago and have not regretted it. Generates random passwords, stores them, logs me in, and I only have to remember the one password for it.
How do those work across multiple devices? I'm really not as technologically proficient as some might think. I don't really understand a lot of this stuff,,, I just learn how to do things with some tech but not much depth to it.

Reaction score
I have seen that message before. I think it's my iPhone that notified me. Most websites can’t see your password. Like I would be very surprised if MLF can see the passwords that we use because they don’t want people to mistrust the site. They make their money from lots of people feeling safe to come here. Nefarious sites though can look at passwords and many many people use the same password for everything. So let’s say you sign up for a raffle or something and they get your password, they can then use it on other more reputable sites like your google or on here if the password and username are the same. The best way to avoid your one password to be compromised is to use a different one everywhere you sign up.

Reaction score
How do those work across multiple devices? I'm really not as technologically proficient as some might think. I don't really understand a lot of this stuff,,, I just learn how to do things with some tech but not much depth to it.
I installed it on my iphone also but do not like it there. The interface is difficult on that small screen.

Brokennock

75 Cal.
Reaction score
I installed it on my iphone also but do not like it there. The interface is difficult on that small screen.
So, if I install it on this phone,,, how do I log into the forum on my laptop? Remembering multiple passwords has become,,,,,, um,,, let's say, cumbersome, and the thought of trying to remember something randomly generated by software seems beyond intimidating.

Reaction score
My iPhone does a great job of letting me know about passwords being compromised.
I have a password generator on my desktop only to store them not to generate them.
When a password is created I usually store it on my iPhone first then logon to the website using my desktop saving in the password program. The process can work either way. Can be a pain but I’m used to the process now.

JB67

45 Cal.
Reaction score
When I just logged into the forum a message popped up saying that the password I just used was found in a data breach.
Is this for real?
Anyone else encounter this?
Any knowledge of a problem @Meriwether ?
I think that's your browser flagging the PW, as I get that message from time to time with different sites where I do use a common PW.

Latest posts