• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

DARTS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
And now, the next shooting match.
(Remember, I'm just posting this for Adui. He is the guy to ask if you have questions.) :)

April 2018 contest.

“DARTS” with round balls! Compliments of Ames.

Find your Target here:
http://www.targets.ws/shooting-targets/dart-board-target-1.pdf (Colored target for those who want it fancy)

or here :
http://www.targets.ws/shooting-targets/dart-board-target-2.pdf (for those like me who can’t print a color target.

I'm working on a solution for those who want to play but can't print at all; more to come on this!

Rules:

Shots are to be taken off hand at 25 yards.

Take 3 shots only, at any score place on the target.

Highest score wins ”“ standard dart board scoring will be used.

Mutilated targets and targets with more than 3 holes will be disqualified.

You may print the generic target and fill it in with color as you wish so long as the target lines are still CLEARLY visible. (Remember the bullseye has an inner and outer ring)

No do-overs.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzleloading firearms (NO Cannons). Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired.)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance.(Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso)(In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of the prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle)

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scans, etc.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

Mail your target postmarked by April 30, 2018 to:

Terry Stephens
9043 E Butternut Ave
Mesa AZ 85208

58 caliber said:
So who is Audi -- whoops its a car.... :rotf:

Dave
Nope, you got the spelling off. A U D I is the car A D U I is the person. The story behind the nickname goes way back, and isn't very PC so I don't usually tell it; but I will say its pronounce Aadooiee

(Remember, I'm just posting this for Audi. He is the guy to ask if you have questions.)

I was giving Zonie a hard time as he spelled your name wrong. Quote in green..... :grin:

Dave

58 caliber said:
(Remember, I'm just posting this for Audi. He is the guy to ask if you have questions.)

I was giving Zonie a hard time as he spelled your name wrong. Quote in green..... :grin:

Dave

Well dag nabbit! I quoted the wrong person! Thanks for catching it :hatsoff:

I think I'm in Zonie, but is the April [Dart] target really due in by March 31, '18 rather than April 30? Also, can a small orange target dot be used if the color feature doesn't work on my printer?

Maven said:
I think I'm in Zonie, but is the April [Dart] target really due in by March 31, '18 rather than April 30?
:shocked2: ACK!!!! :shocked2: I reread and proofread that a dozen times and STILL missed that!!

Yes of course they are due April 30th not March 31st. Thank you for catching that!
Maven said:
Also, can a small orange target dot be used if the color feature doesn't work on my printer?

Yep, as I stated in the rules feel free to print the generic one without fill and color it as you wish so long as I can still make out the lines on the target.

I don't have a color printer either. Wont till I can afford a laser printer in color. I don't see wasting my money on $50+ print cartridges that give me 100 pages or less when I can have a Laser printer with $40+ Toner cartridges yielding 2500+ pages of print.

Especially when a monochrome laser costs less than $100 these days. Heck my multi function retails for $120 now..

I'll get in again on this one. A good reason to get outside and make a gun dirty.

If we ever get enough people shooting, I think it might be cool to do both rifle and smoothbore groups.

Silky921 said:
I'll get in again on this one. A good reason to get outside and make a gun dirty.

If we ever get enough people shooting, I think it might be cool to do both rifle and smoothbore groups.

We get enough interest and Ill do that. I've also been asked to consider another team shoot but until I can get at least 5 per team I don't see that as worth it

Except technically the postmark error was mine :redface: Zonie just reposted for me since I cant start threads here.
:hatsoff:

Dang!! What a time fer my printer to run out of ink.......An the Missus ain't here to change it out. She is back in the middle of April so maybe then I can enter a score.............Chawbeef

Adui, take a look at this printer. My brother has one and is pleased with it. It comes with enough ink to print a bunch of pages. I don't know how much laser printers are but maybe this could be an alternative. Living in Mesa, I'm sure you can find one to look at in person.

By the same logic, flinch and you could win.
Hey, I resemble that statement. Ahhh, It does happen. Any sport really. Ask Tony Kubek(NYY- 1960) Ask any kicker in the NFL. You get some good, the rest can cost you. Gotta brush up on darts, and find the time.

Back