• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Dale Johnson 12Ga Flintlock Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Back up for sale after a new member agereed to buy it and then stopped responding to PMs. 12Ga. Cylinder bore flintlock shotgun made by E. Tennesse gunsmith Dale Johnson. While Johnson builds some fine guns many would be more familiar with his highly tuned flintlock locks as he does much of the work for Chambers who even markets a Dale Johnson lock. Judgeing from the lock on this shotgun his reputation is well deserved.
This shotgun appears to be purpose built mostly for competition noting the lack of a ramrod. It weighs 6lbs 13oz and is 47" over all. The barrel is 12Ga. cylinder bore octagon to round and 32" in length it is finished in brown over a polished surface. It has a Knock style breech. The but plate and triggerguard are also browned over a polished surface. The lock is exquisit highly tuned and fast. It is finished in color case hardening and tastefully engraved. The breech is also color cased and engraved and the barrel has some scroll engraving.The stock is flame walnut nicely finished and checkered at the wrist and fore end and capped off with an ebony fore end cap. The stock is 13&1/2" length of pull and has 2" drop at the heel.
The shotgun has been fired but very little and there are no obvious signs of wear save for the frizzen and the bore is pristene. I am asking $1350 plus shipping anywhere in the CONUS it is legal to ship to. Payment by postal money order or pesonal check with time to clear.

Attachments

• Johnson1 (1).JPG
    Johnson1 (1).JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Johnson1 (2).JPG
    Johnson1 (2).JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (3).JPG
    Johnson1 (3).JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (4).JPG
    Johnson1 (4).JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (5).JPG
    Johnson1 (5).JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (6).JPG
    Johnson1 (6).JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (7).JPG
    Johnson1 (7).JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (8).JPG
    Johnson1 (8).JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (9).JPG
    Johnson1 (9).JPG
    342.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (10).JPG
    Johnson1 (10).JPG
    342 KB · Views: 0
More Pics

Attachments

• Johnson1 (11).JPG
    Johnson1 (11).JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (12).JPG
    Johnson1 (12).JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (13).JPG
    Johnson1 (13).JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (14).JPG
    Johnson1 (14).JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (15).JPG
    Johnson1 (15).JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Johnson1 (16).JPG
    Johnson1 (16).JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 0
Herb if you read this. All you need to do to contact me is reply the the PMs or click on my name and click start conversation.

Last edited:
Denster, edit your top post again and change the title back to For Sale. Should get people looking again. BTW, that is a very nice shotgun. His quality of work is outstanding.

Denster, edit your top post again and change the title back to For Sale. Should get people looking again. BTW, that is a very nice shotgun. His quality of work is outstanding.
I will leave it as sold for now the potential buyer finaly contacted me with check is in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back