Quantcast

Cva replacement stock

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

stank

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone make a drop in replacement stock for the big bore cva mountain rifle. My stock is very plain maple and I would love to find a walnut stock
Thanks
Stank

Grenadier1758

58 Cal.
Reaction score
While my search on the Deer Creek products web site did not come up with a replacement stock for your Mountain Rifle, I would still recommend that a call to Deer Creek would be in order. They would have a better source for a stock.

bubba.50

54 Cal.
Reaction score
If you want a walnut stock for your Mountain Rifle you’ll have to make it or have it made.

mooman76

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I am no expert but you can do things when you finish a stock to bring out the grain to make it look better. Maybe someone here that knows how will chime in.

rafterob

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Pecatonica or Dunlap. I would just get the barrel channel cut and ramrod hole bored. If you have an original Maple Mountain rifle stock, make sure you keep it. Only the early "Made in America" Mountain rifles had the Maple stocks. After that, like all CVA's they are Beech. There is not an aftermarket pre-inlet stock available.

bpd303

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Why not refinish and stain your stock. some good tips in this thread. There are tricks to make a plain stock look like curly maple.

Latest posts