• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Pistol American Made??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD CROW

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if my .50 cal CVA mountain pistol(AND BARREL) were american made? barrel is stamped CONNECTICUT VALLEY ARMS INC. BLACK POWDER ONLY .50 CAL (serial#) 0059588. no other markings. has no"PROOF" stamp and DOES NOT say mfg. in SPAIN. 9" barrel. an almost PLASTIC finish on the wood. have had it for a number of years. never any problems. i shoot 25 -35 gr. goexFFFG. nice companion to my 50 cal.PENNSYLVANIA FLINTLOCK. Makes me wish i was still able to prowl the hills around BATH PENNSYLVANIA with the pair,. unfortunately i am mannnnnny miles away. O.C. :hmm: :v

Usually, the barrels of CVA traditional guns were made in Jukar, Spain. You may have to remove the barrel and check below the stock line to find the mark. You may also have a kit, and the person who finished the kit may have polished out the "Jukar, Spain" marking while the CVA brand markings, being deeper struck, remained. Spanish, American, Indian, Pakistani, and Japanese barrels do not have proof marks as those countries do not have CIP recognized proofing houses.

LD

Nothin wrong with those spanish pistols. I have a few and they are all great shooters.

Don

I have a few old CVA Cats from the late 1970's and early 1980's. IIRC, They never advertised that model as made in US in my cats.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my CVA question. :thumbsup: to LOYALIST DAVE,. do you know the state flag of MARYLAND was originally the provencial flag of NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA. :vtrivia for today thanks again folks

Latest posts

Back