• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA pawn shop mountain rifle $200

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need pictures!
This_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Bore condition is everything on used black powder guns.
I’ve been shooting muzzleloaders for 40 years . Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Learn something new everyday.
You did good! You’ll have fun with it.
yes I think so . The 1/66 twist is what hooked me.

The CVA Mountain Rifle is generally considered to be the best rifle produced by CVA. Both the "Made in USA" or the Spanish Barrels are very good with respect to accuracy on target. The wedges are cheap and readily available at Deer Creek or Track of the Wolf and other suppliers.

The percussion lock has been more reliable than the flint lock. Even so, use of a Hot Shot or Spitfire nipple to get more flame along the path from the nipple seat to the powder charge is recommended.

Back