• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA over/under 50cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buickmarti

32 Cal.
Reaction score
What years did CVA make this gun?
One for sale locally.
Looks very heavy.
ou.JPG

The lower barrel was problematic in going off due to the extra long flame channel for the spark from the nipple to get to the charge, and it was very hard to regulate the barrels so that they printed to the same point of aim.

CVA over and under is not as heavy as one would think. As far as the bottom barrel not going off would be because of lack of good cleaning and the use of want-a-be black powder. (777 and others). POI is different between barrels.

I wonder if it was made by the same factory that made the Beretta tri centeneials !
Pedersoli use to make a swivel barrel double rifle but I think it has been dropped from production.

Back