• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA mountain rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eodcoduto

32 Cal
Reaction score
I picked this up at an antique store the other day, it’s just the barrel the stock and the lock and it appears to be a CVA mountain rifle. There are no markings on the barrel anywhere and it’s still in the white, I’d like to narrow it down to see a possible date range of when it was produced as a kit.

052D6D55-D5B5-450A-94DD-808C5887FC8F.jpeg

I agree that it's a CVA Mountain Rifle. It has the two screw patch box of the late production models. With no markings on the barrel, it might have had the markings removed or it may be a replacement barrel and any markings will be on the underside of the barrel. Most of the missing parts should be available from Deer Creek.

Or it might be a Deer Creek assembled kit from after they took over which would explain the no markings on the barrel.

There aren’t any markings or tool marks from someone removing them and the barrel is still packed with grease. I have a diagram so I’ll order up everything to get it going. I’m excited to take it out to the pasture and fight the armadillos.

Wow. Just blew the picture up to see if it had a buttplate or not & saw the neat carving around the patchbox & the deer. So, besides the buttplate looks like you need a tang & tang screw, triggers & guard & screws for them, sights, and wedges. And don't be surprised if upon assembling everything that the triggers stand a good chance of needing to be shimmed to work properly.

I found everything except the trigger set and the sights on Deercreek last night, I will check eBay for the rest of the parts. I should have it up and running within a week or two, and I’m pretty excited about that.

I have it almost together, the parts from Deer Creek fit but the quality is alot less than I expected. I need to find a different butt plate and adjust the triggers. Then I’ll break it in, tear it down and final finish it.

Latest posts

Back