• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD CVA Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Alvah

36 Cal.
Reaction score
CVA's rendition of the Hawken Rifle, right down to the twin barrel wedges. .50 caliber. NOS barrel from Deer Creek. Eight shots fired total. Set triggers. All steel Browned. Wood is excellent, small dings-scratches only. I believe its the original stock finish. Patch box. #11 percussion cap. Circa 1984. These rifles were well regarded for both hunting and target shooting. Robust rifle. CVA really got it right on this model! $350 TYD. No FFL needed.
Bl1kupw (1).jpg
RFQrQQ5 (1).jpg
cu2iD9a (1).jpg
MPYQSHI (2).jpg

HI Uncl;e ....Is this rifle a US made rifle .. Would say so on the barrel ... I am interested and will buy it if it is US made .....

Rocky

Forgive my lack of knowledge here....what is an NOS barrel? And when did you get it from Deer Creek? I would think this is earlier than '84. Interested here also. Thanks

New old stock. Deer Creek was not in business when CVA produced that gun. So the barrel is a late replacement, probably not made in USA. Dale

Uncle A, a few more pictures would be great........thanks

The ramrod pipes are the early octagonal ones. Was the old rib with original ramrod pipes put on the replacement barrel? Or was the NOS barrel really old stock?

Just curious. This is a great price for one of the nicer production-made rifles, regardless of where the barrel was made.

Notchy Bob

again guys, its a new old stock replacement barrel from Deer Creek. If the barrel is not marked made in spain, deer creek used Douglas barrel blanks and rifled them on the original douglas rifling machine they still have to this day.

I had one years ago, late seventies looked identical to yours except it didn't have the patch box in the stock. If yours shoots as well as mine did you will never get rid of it! I regret letting mine go to this day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back