• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Mountain Rifle done.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtman725

The Last Best place, MT
Reaction score
DSC00664.JPG
DSC00665.JPGDSC00666.JPGDSC00667.JPG So from zero BP to eyeball deep in three months, I did one almost 35 years ago and how remembering how much I enjoyed building it. Input on the rifles is welcome, Blonde still needs a few screws replaced, waiting for order. But going to keep an eye out for a .54 !

Yes they are on Blonde, some where in the past someone switch them out, but I going to wait and see which one my old eyes like the best, then go from there.

Great looking rifles, but the proof is in the puddin'. Let's see how they shoot.

And it was one cold puppy, 5 out of Blonde 4 out of Frank, was off to the right some, Blonde dropped her down a bit. Wasn't sure how far to sight them in for? So did 3" high at 25 yds, figuring it should be center at 50 and a bit low at 100. This was the day ball no powder !!!!!

Thanks guys ! MG23 was from around your neck of the woods at one time, Trumbull Co OH.

I’m building one presently got a 1976 kit like 10 years ago at sale. love to see photos for stain/finishing ideas

I built a 45 mountain in the seventies. Very accurate. Groundhogs at 100 yards were no problem. Small enough for rabbits and squirrels, big enough for a deer. Just a pleasant and accurate rifle.
Congrats on your beauties.

I’m building one presently got a 1976 kit like 10 years ago at sale. love to see photos for stain/finishing ideas
I used a traditional finish of BLO, Beeswax, turpentine, on Blonde, 4 hand rubbed, set it over a register to warm and melt, then elbow grease. like the softness of it.

Latest posts

Back