• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA Mountain Pistol refinished

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchet-Jack

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's another one I recently refinished. I bought this old CVA Mountain Pistol several years ago. I didn't like the blonde finish on the wood. I finally got around to refinishing the wood and the metal. Here are some before and after pictures.

Before
IMG_20200724_131521.jpg

IMG_20210117_121614.jpg

After
IMG_20210416_102443.jpg

IMG_20210416_102755.jpg

IMG_20210416_103155.jpg

Pistol looks good. I should redo mine like that. I also got rid of the belt hook. I used a little piece of brass that I found. Shaped it on a grinding wheel to fit the slot where the hook attaches.

The kits came with a belt hook and an escutcheon to use instead of the belt hook. I like mine, a nice heft to it and fits well in the hand. Easy to shoot.

Here's another one I recently refinished. I bought this old CVA Mountain Pistol several years ago. I didn't like the blonde finish on the wood. I finally got around to refinishing the wood and the metal. Here are some before and after pictures.

Before

After
Nice improvement!!:thumb: Now that she looks presentable, how does she shoot?? We need photos of the 10s. WTG!

Wow, nice. I am now considering redoing mine. I inherited it from my late brother-in-law and it is blonde also with oils from our hands coloring th grip. A good shooter. I remember the first time I fired it. The ball bounced off of the back stop and fell at my feet. Happily most of the energy was used up in making a nice imprint of the backstop and it kind of bounced to me. I kept that ball as a keepsake.

Back