• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CVA Mountain Hunter Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting Muzzleloading. I am thinking about buying a 50 cal. Mountain Hunter Rifle. Is it a good one for a first rifle?

Thanks,
Robert

Specifications:
- .50 Caliber
- 32" blued barrel (Hunter)
- 1:48 rifling twist (Hunter)
- UltraGrain Finish hardwood stock (Hunter)
- 9 lbs. total weight
- 48" overall length

This will do fine to start with, my first muzzleloader was the T/C Renagade in .54 caliber.

musketman
Thanks

A friend of mine has an Original CVA Mountain Classic he bought in the '70s. I wish I could afford one. But I will have to make do with the Hunter for now. Latter I am planning on buying some Silver wedge plates and an original Patch Box from The Hawken Shop. If I really like the Black Powder Experience.

Robert

Deer Cr. makes a clone of the old CVA Mt. rifles in kit form for around 200 bucks I have heard they are as good as the ones made by CVA but a lot cheaper.

Deer Creek does not have a web site but they do advertise in magazines like Muzzle Blast, Muzzleloader and Backwoodsman. They have a great selection of products and speedy servise. Their Deercreek rifle is indeed a kit clone of the Mountain Rifle and under $200. I own three CVA rifles and one CVA pistol and I am satisfied with all of them

Back